Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Ditching mobile version of website?

Web Designer 10 Premium. I've been using a xara template as the basis for a new site, which develops the mobile version at the same time. However, I've come across certain limitations of the mobile format which make it more trouble than it's worth. How do I ditch it from the website? What I mean is, if I simply delete all the mobile pages, will that cause any problems for uses trying to load the standard version?

Nathan
    Last edited by Nathan Brazil; 13 February 2015 at 10:06 AM.

Default Re: Ditching mobile version of website?

Ack! I'm not sure. You can try this. Save the site with the variant(s) with a new name, then try deleting the variant pages. But before you delete the pages make sure that you are not sharing anything with the main site.

Or, depending on how large the site is, create a new blank website the same width as the current site. Then right click on a main site page, select Copy Page and Paste Page into the new site. You will need to delete the initial blank page. Repeat this to copy and paste the pages into the new site.

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    Ack! I'm not sure. You can try this. Save the site with the variant(s) with a new name, then try deleting the variant pages. But before you delete the pages make sure that you are not sharing anything with the main site.

Or, depending on how large the site is, create a new blank website the same width as the current site. Then right click on a main site page, select Copy Page and Paste Page into the new site. You will need to delete the initial blank page. Repeat this to copy and paste the pages into the new site.
    Okie-cokie, will give this a try and report back. Thanks for the reply.

Just tried both methods, and for the information of anyone else wanting to do this, saving the site with a new name then deleting pages DOES NOT WORK. What happens is that pages from the main site also vanish. Happily, the second method, creating a new site and copying across pages works fine, just as long as you remember to do the following;

After copying pages, go to the top of the Page and Layer Gallery, and delete the original blank Index page. Then rename the index a page to index. All should be well.

To delete the Mobile variant go to the Utilities menu | Website variants => | Website variants..., select the "Mobile" item in the list and click the Delete button.

Phil

That's a lot easier than my method, Phil.