Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Incomplete import of EPS file

I didn't see a way to PM on here so I'll post an email temporarily so one of you can send the file there. bullfn33@aol.com

If I need a longer term solution for these kinds of files, I guess I'll have to keep searching for something that can open them as is. Or does Designer Pro have the same import limitation for AI CS2 files? I'm really just needing to resize, maybe slap on a text layer and export. thanks for your guys help!

Mike can send you his file.

The problem is some features are not supported and this works both ways. Some transparency effects created in Xara will not come in properly in Illustrator. And as I pointed out the the illustrations while they look very slick were a rat's nest of lines when I looked at the file in outlines view. I have had pretty good luck with importing Illustrator EPS and AI files. But it is never a sure thing. You might have been better off getting the alternative JPEG images.

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    ...the illustrations while they look very slick were a rat's nest of lines when I looked at the file in outlines view...
    Doesn't take outline view. Just direct select an object...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	capture-002696.png 
Views:	91 
Size:	145.5 KB 
ID:	106132

That's the nature of mesh objects/fills--they are meshes!

Mike

Hi guys, thanks for the insight. I was going to get Illustrator but was turned off by the monthly price structure. Most of the images I need load in just fine in Xara but there are a few like this with a lot of meshes that don't. But I will look at the other image options besides the vectors for these types and see if they will suffice. I've tried some other programs but ran into similar issues loading vectors. I like the interface of the Xara application and will try and work with it some more.

Mike, I got your email and the images look great. Much thanks for all your help with this!

And I apologize for posting a copyrighted file. I was going to take it down after one of you got it but I should have shared it privately.