Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Supersite gallery

Perhaps a little bit off topic but is it possible to convert a normal site to a super site?

Can you mix both a normal website and a supersite? I have some areas of my planned site which would benefit from scrolling down and other areas where one screen page would suffice. Apols for my ignorance.

Yes, it's possible, but you'd need to create two site and place the first in the root directory and the second in a sub-directory.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Mmm, righty-ho, I'll bear that in mind - I am no web designer. I've got the free trial version and will have a play. Many thanks, Egg.

You don't sound convinced but it really isn't to difficult. Get back if you want further help
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

I will do. I'm quite the novice - what's that about a little bit of knowledge being dangerous?
    I'm just considering swapping over to xara from serif. Serif are no longer producing their webplus range.

Good morning, I just checked out the "super site" and think it's very neat and clean. Is this something that can be done in Xara?

Yes, it's quite simple to do it in Xara.
    Egg

Tried supersite on my website, for My state of California 22 pages long when someone would visit it they would get internal server error message, contacted my hosting company was told the page was to large and was causing the error went back and did conventional site cured my problem so I did like things about supersite but in the end I ended up redoing my whole site as conventional. So for a moderate size site I think it is wonderful, but if it grows in size conventional had to be it for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Gypsyjoe View Post
    Tried supersite on my website, for My state of California 22 pages long when someone would visit it they would get internal server error message, contacted my hosting company was told the page was to large and was causing the error went back and did conventional site cured my problem so I did like things about supersite but in the end I ended up redoing my whole site as conventional. So for a moderate size site I think it is wonderful, but if it grows in size conventional had to be it for me.
    22 pages long does not seem a problem. It might be if it were all hires images and Variants. Xara allows on-line document publishing and these can be 100s of pages long, books in other words.

CA-page 20 is 110kB, which is big but not excessive. 22 such pages would still only be 2.5MB.
    Your images are typically trivally small but repeated. Using the special Name - filename="imageName" - would reduce these for all your pages' duplicates.

I would look at your service provider more closely.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat