Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Supersite gallery

Try ALT+arrow keys, Egg.

Why is this topic 'sticky'?

Egg, thanks for the info and the link.
    Mark Beckemeyer AKA (buckobeck)
    Amateur artist and hobbyist macro photographer. I like bugs.
    buckobecks.com

I like your site. Here is a vertical Supersite I just published a couple of days ago:

http://everydayesp.net/

It occurred to me that a vertical supersite would be perfect for a streaming version of our home study course - people could just keep scrolling down from page to page through all of the lessons. But then I ran a test and it looks like it won't work. The uses php pages that can be protected. With a regular site, the first page is index.htm (required by Xara) and can be used as a longin page. Then all the rest are php pages. But with the vertical supersite, it all acts like an htm site and none of the pages are protected.

Here is my test site:

http://silvashop.com/memsm/

I'll try a side-by-side site and see if it works any better.

Ed

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

@ Egg: when the visitor finishes reading a page they would be at the bottom which was why I put the navigation there (about where you might turn the pages in an actual printed publication)

@: Steve: This thread was made sticky as the idea was to provide a little space for anyone who might want to show how they use the supersite feature. It is not just a showcase for my work. If you have a supersite you have done you are more than welcome to share it here.

@ restless:I think in order to have your protected pages a supersite might not be the best Idea. A regular site might better suit your needs. but I like the long scrolling site you posted except it gets to be a lot of scrolling after about 4 pages or so.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

@ Egg: when the visitor finishes reading a page they would be at the bottom which was why I put the navigation there (about where you might turn the pages in an actual printed publication)
    Hi Frances,

Fine on a printed document page, as it has a fixed physical size, all of which is visible all the time. On a printed document I don't have to read all the page to turn to the next page. However on a digital document scrolling is often required and it's therefore more common to have the navigation at the top of the page (or top & bottom)
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Thanks Angelize, yes, I need to edit out about 2/3 of that material. I should have mentioned that I was testing to see what the Supersite would look like, and just added info from a lot of pages. On our regular sites, people would click a link to go to the specific information they need. I really like the idea of the vertical supersite as a sales page for a single product.

Did you notice that I put a link to buy the product at the bottom of every page. I got that idea from the long-form infomercials, where they offer you an opportunity to buy every 5 minutes or so. Then they keep on selling for another 5 minutes or so, and offer you another opportunity to buy.

My hope (perhaps only a fantasy) is that we will find a good internet marketer who is looking for a good product, who will take that information and use it to build a really good marketing web site and sell the products. I guess what I have in mind is like a Joint Venture arrangement. We could make an independent sales person a really good deal.

Our online course will have about 15 lessons, so I sure wish there were a way to use a vertical supersite, so people could just keep scrolling down from one lesson to the next. With an index on the first page so they could just jump straight to the lesson they need. If I find a way to do it, I will let you know.

Better and better

Ed

'Supersites' mecanism is really interesting, refreshing only the content... but what's about the SEO consideration?? Does it have any impact about our dear G**GLE bot indexation ?

Hi akaoma

A Supersite consists of one HTML file for the whole site so keywords, description and and title and meta tags are taken from the first page of the site. Search Engines still work exactly as normal with Supersites, and will index all your content, but that they might jump to the home page of the Supersite when following a search engine link.

http://support.xara.com/index.php?/K...0/0/supersites
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

ouppps I didn't take the time to read carefully all of the document... Thanks for this precision Egg!

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    Hi buckobeck,

See HERE
    Thanks for telling about the supersites..interesting...never heard of it before......