Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Default Re: Supersite gallery

Hi Frances, site is working much better now but I dislike scrolling to the bottom of each page for the navigation
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Try ALT+arrow keys, Egg.

Why is this topic 'sticky'?

Egg, thanks for the info and the link.
    Mark Beckemeyer AKA (buckobeck)
    Amateur artist and hobbyist macro photographer. I like bugs.
    buckobecks.com

'Supersites' mecanism is really interesting, refreshing only the content... but what's about the SEO consideration?? Does it have any impact about our dear G**GLE bot indexation ?

Hi akaoma

A Supersite consists of one HTML file for the whole site so keywords, description and and title and meta tags are taken from the first page of the site. Search Engines still work exactly as normal with Supersites, and will index all your content, but that they might jump to the home page of the Supersite when following a search engine link.

http://support.xara.com/index.php?/K...0/0/supersites
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

ouppps I didn't take the time to read carefully all of the document... Thanks for this precision Egg!

Perhaps a little bit off topic but is it possible to convert a normal site to a super site?

Can you mix both a normal website and a supersite? I have some areas of my planned site which would benefit from scrolling down and other areas where one screen page would suffice. Apols for my ignorance.

Yes, it's possible, but you'd need to create two site and place the first in the root directory and the second in a sub-directory.
    Egg

Mmm, righty-ho, I'll bear that in mind - I am no web designer. I've got the free trial version and will have a play. Many thanks, Egg.