Hi

I need to work on images whereby 1 pixel on screen in Xara ==> 1 pixel on output image (GIF/JPEG/PNGs) ==> 1 pixel visible on HTML email (sent with Outlook2010).

BUT my images keep getting resized - it is driving me NUTS!!

What settings do I need to stop this resizing?

i.e. If I send an HTML email using Outlook2010, then every time I insert an image (GIF/JPEG/PNG) into the body of the email it gets resized (made larger). This appears to be due to my use of a custom DPI size in Windows. And also possibly something to do with the "DPI" that is burnt into the file itself(??)

And no, I do HAVE to work at 120% DPI (ideally higher in fact e.g. 125%?) because I have a high resolution monitor and I cant read the most of the text on the screen if I have it set to 100% !

And no, I do not want to send email attachments (as they will then require the recipient makes an extra click and will then be out of context for the recipient).

And so also in Xara, I want to be able to see my images at 1 pixel per pixel on the screen (using any one of the standard zoom levels e.g. 80, 100 or 125% that comes up when I use the scroll wheel to zoom) ==> 1 pixel on the exported image.

And also to import images into Xara so that that import at EXACTLY 1 pixel on the image ==> 1 pixels on the screen.

Let me recap... In my emails I need to be able to:

a) Import images (GIFs and JPEGs and PNGs) into the body of the email without the file being physically resized.

b) Make sure that all the HTML tags in the email do not resize the image either(!) by the time the recipient views it.
i.e. send HTML emails that are correctly sized (e.g. say a 100x200 pixels image ==> 100x200 pixels wide in the email)

...And to make matters worse, every time an image is forwarded to another user it get even larger (due to being resized by 20% using the HTML tags)

[This is driving me INSANE!]

Anyhow here is my setup:

- Windows 7 x64,
Setting: Control Panel ==> Display ==> Set custom text size (DPI) "120%"

- Xara Designer Pro10x
Settings: Utilities ==> Options ==> View ==> Bitmaps ==>
- Never smooth: Ticked
- DPI when auto-generated: 96%
- Import all photos at 96dpi (1:1 at 100% zoom)
Settings: Utilities ==> Options ==> Units
- Page Units: Pixels
Settings: Utilities ==> Options ==> Scaling
- Use scale factor: Unticked

Do I need to change image DPI size somehow during image exports?

Any suggestions?

Many thanks

J