Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Disable browser warning of Supersite transition effect javascript

Hi Rob, yes. he's the only person who has seen the test pages too. My IE version is 11.0.9600.17631, His IE version is a bit newer than mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    Inside the prs4.js code is a statement javascript:alert('Hi!');
    I would alter alert to void.

What do you do when the message is for a genuine indication?

Acorn
    My bad - I had been testing void with the Hi! alert to prove this it did't error or display anything; the text you need to find in javascript:alert('This website works best with any of the latest web browsers...');.

There is only the only alert statement in the file.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Thank you Acorn for the reply. I changed the "alert(xr_oldwarning)" to "void(xr_oldwarning)" and let my colleague to test it, it didn't kill the popup, but it killed the mp3 player...
    In the beginning of the prs4.js, the line is "var xr_oldwarning="This website works best with any of the latest web browsers such as Internet Explorer 10, or the latest Firefox, Chrome or Safari.\nPlease update to a newer browser version to see smooth transition effects in this website.\n\nIf you are using an up to date browser and still see this message, make sure you don't have the browser in a compatibility mode." I didn't see any "javascript:alert" there. What part should I change?

Quote Originally Posted by wall View Post
    What part should I change?
    Nothing, it's not a Xara issue.

Quote Originally Posted by steve.ledger View Post
    Nothing, it's not a Xara issue.
    I understand, but how can I disable the warning popup?

Thank you Acorn for the reply. I changed the "alert(xr_oldwarning)" to "void(xr_oldwarning)" and let my colleague to test it, it didn't kill the popup, but it killed the mp3 player...
    In the beginning of the prs4.js, the line is "var xr_oldwarning="This website works best with any of the latest web browsers such as Internet Explorer 10, or the latest Firefox, Chrome or Safari.\nPlease update to a newer browser version to see smooth transition effects in this website.\n\nIf you are using an up to date browser and still see this message, make sure you don't have the browser in a compatibility mode." I didn't see any "javascript:alert" there. What part should I change?
    There is only the one instance of alert in the whole file.
    It is at character position 13,580.
    The statement to be changed is function xr_prinit4(){if(xr_spaold) alert(xr_oldwarning);
    It should be function xr_prinit4(){if(xr_spaold) void(xr_oldwarning);

If you have changed this correctly then that's all I can offer.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

I understand, but how can I disable the warning popup?
    You can't. It's an issue on your friend's PCs. As a result of some common software, malware or browser extensions he uses on both PCs perhaps. They could disable Javascript in their browser, but this will affect other site functions.
    I would not start fiddling with the Xara files because of one person's problem with their PCs. It's their problem, not yours.
    Last edited by steve.ledger; 12 February 2015 at 08:29 PM.

@Acorn, thanks, that's what I did, but somehow it didn't work for my colleague. Thanks anyway.
    @steve.ledger, thanks, I understand, it's just that other than the warning it appears to be working for my colleague, so I was trying to get rid of that popup. Anyway, we'll live with that popup for now.