Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Vacuum cleaner commercial

OK, first up this is a link to a commercial.

I have no affiliation with the company, besides having bought one of these for my mother.

I like the commercial and part-way through I wondered how it was made. Much to my surprise, they have a follow-up showing how it was made.

I thought it was a good advert and especially interesting because you get the behind the scenes view.

I'm not trying to sell you guys vacuum cleaners, but they definitely are.

If you're curious take a look: http://www.gtech.co.uk/break-free

Clearly selling these cleaners is far more lucrative than I had ever imagined. This isn't a cheap commercial.

Paul
    IP

Default Re: Vacuum cleaner commercial

Thanks Paul, I loved that "Break Free" commercial it was beautiful, big musical priduction. I would say they got the lightweight point across.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.
    IP

G-tech is a make I'd never heard of until my mother mentioned them about a year ago. The cleaners aren't cheap, but they are very light and cordless! They must be doing well to afford to make a commercial like this.

The choreographer is well known in the UK - Arlene Phillips.

At first I thought we were watching some concoction that was created entirely in After Effects, then I realised they really did have a large ensemble.
    IP

It's a take off on Busby Berkeley circa the 30s https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_CppXLSzvg Buzby Berkeley movies were very popular during the depression because movies were cheap and Buzby Berkeley was a break from the depression.

One phrase you hear a lot in an ad agency is Hey, let's do something just like ______! While I like this commercial and it makes its point very well, most of the time when ad agencies do something just like something else, it is never near as good as what they are copying. The commercial in the exception.
    IP

Yes, I'm familiar with the BB movies. This particular make of cleaners is quite new and not a traditional manufacturer, so to see them make this advert at all really did surprise me.

Nice as the advert is, I thought the TG members would enjoy the behind the scenes look too. That was the principle reason for posting.

In terms of Advertising being mostly repeat formulas, now and again you get a crazy idea and I'd say that in recent times, that has been 'Compare the Meerkat'. I'm not sure it's known in the US. It's spectacularly successful here.

http://www.comparethemeerkat.com/

It's been sanitised now, but the original premise was that the comparison website 'compare the market' was being confused with 'compare the meerkat' and the indignation of the meerkats who encouraged you to go to the correct site.

This was the original advert: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBu0OtC6m9g

This is my favourite: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iBcmJYKbUaw

Paul
    IP

Those are great. And memorable.
    IP

Busby Berkley lives!
    IP

I am really impressed with [link removed by moderator]. We have 3 dogs in our home: 2 chocolate labs and one yellow lab. The yellow lab sheds three times as much fur as the two chocolates combined. You cannot sit down on our sofas without getting fur all over you. And while we have a great upright vacuum, it is huge and not good for when you want just a quick pick up. I've been looking for a cordless handheld for a while. I almost caved in to getting a Dyson, and I am so glad I held out! Giving my 2 cents here.
    Last edited by gwpriester; 22 May 2018 at 12:39 PM. Reason: new members are not permitted links
    IP

I hope that you will like [link removed by moderator] too. Cause these guys really helped me with my purchase of Dyson vacuum cleaner and now I can easily clean my pets with their flur that always fly inside my house. Also my wife used this portable vacuum cleaner to get all tiny trash from her car.
    Last edited by gwpriester; 22 May 2018 at 12:39 PM. Reason: New members are not permitted links.
    IP