Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: blogging with in a xara designer pro x10 web site

If your news isn't huge I have used "shoutbox" in standard web pages its so easy to use. Have a look here: http://www.myshoutbox.com/
    You don't need to have or use the smiley faces which don't look right and lets people reply to your news.
    Design is thinking made visual.

Hi Paul - Couldn't disagree at all, that's why I asked the OP:

Linked my latest post from blogger to a placeholder in WD10.
    As far as I can see it's just a link to a seperate blog page and there's NO Xara placeholder involved.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    I can't see how you've your blog into a placeholder. I only see a button on your site that links to your blogger page. Placeholders are a problem if you don't know the contents windows length and don't want additional scroll bars.
    Am I missing something here?
    Egg, what I have done with Wordpress (WP) is embed the WP site in a Placeholder that have CSS content that shrinks the blog a tad:
    Code:
    <style type="text/css">
      #iframeBlog {
         zoom: 0.9;
        -moz-transform: scale(0.9);
        -moz-transform-origin: 0 0;
        -o-transform: scale(0.9);
        -o-transform-origin: 0 0;
        -webkit-transform: scale(0.9);
        -webkit-transform-origin: 0 0;
      }
    </style>
    The typical Placeholder would be:
    <iframe src="http://www.duckduckgo.com" width="100%" height="100%" frameborder="0" scrolling="yes" id="iframeBlog" name="xara_iframe"><p>Your browser does not support iframes.</p></iframe>

The final trick is to add an Infinite scroll Plug-in to WP.

The end result is a page that is Xara fixed length with one set of vertical scrolls.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    Hi Mike, great site and great photography.

I can't see how you've your blog into a placeholder. I only see a button on your site that links to your blogger page. Placeholders are a problem if you don't know the contents windows length and don't want additional scroll bars.

Am I missing something here?
    Thanks for the comments Egg.
    At the bottom of my home page there's a button that says Read my latest Blog post - this links to the blog page of my actual site where there's a placeholder with just the most recent post from Blogger inside it. Yes, there is also a blog button on the menu bar that takes you to my Blogger page and yes, if my latest post is too long, it will be cut off. I guess I should add a "read more" button at the bottom of the page. My thinking was to let visitors be able to read my latest post without leaving my actual site. It also gives the viewer to opportunity to subscribe to my blog via RSS from inside my site. I'm am definitely not a Xara expert and know next to nothing about code except what I have learned form you and others on this site. Any other suggestions would be appreciated.
    Mike