Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: How do I. . .

Default How do I. . .

I am more than a little confused as to where in the interface I set an object's width to be 100% of the screen. I thought that was one of the new features in 10.

Default Re: How do I. . .

I'm a little thick. Can you elaborate on what it is you are trying to accomplish?

I would like to have a rectangle at the bottom of my page that fits the width of the browser window.

Xara applications are based on WYSIWYG and therefore objects do not stretch to the window view size.

You can place a very width box on the Pasteboard layer to achieve something that might be of use.

You can drop an image onto your page, right-click and make it a Pasteboard background.

This may also be of use: Attachment 104966.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

in pasteboard background. have your background at the bottom of the layer. Then create the rectangle and place it where u want it to be in the pasteboard layer. make sure it is above the background. Then right click the rectangle and u should see "Fill Browser Width".
    Hope that helped

I can see in Xara's own website that it has these scale to fit width features but the interface isn't exactly being kind to me in showing where they are.

http://xaragroup.magix.net/islands1/#xl_xr_page_index

I'll have a look at your suggestion miller3492. Thank you.

Well I placed the box into the pasteboard background layer and bade sure it wasn't below the background. Then the Fill Browser Width option showed. Cool. So then I positioned it. . . saved, published and the object is not there. Gone. I can see it in Xara but when I publish or preview it, it doesn't show up. :-(

http://youtu.be/GlAKUbKaT1I

Here is a video showing the behavior.

http://youtu.be/OLZ319IXfGM

When I do it on a blank page it works. . . so it must be something specific to my page. So. . . never mind. I'll figure it out. Must be user error.
    Last edited by Wegg; 06 February 2015 at 05:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by miller3492 View Post
    in pasteboard background. have your background at the bottom of the layer. Then create the rectangle and place it where u want it to be in the pasteboard layer. make sure it is above the background. Then right click the rectangle and u should see "Fill Browser Width".
    Hope that helped
    Good call, I forgot these niceties had been added.
    For more info Help (F1) > Search: Website Backgrounds.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Wegg View Post
    Well I placed the box into the pasteboard background layer and bade sure it wasn't below the background. Then the Fill Browser Width option showed. Cool. So then I positioned it. . . saved, published and the object is not there. Gone. I can see it in Xara but when I publish or preview it, it doesn't show up. :-(

http://youtu.be/GlAKUbKaT1I

Here is a video showing the behavior.

http://youtu.be/OLZ319IXfGM

When I do it on a blank page it works. . . so it must be something specific to my page. So. . . never mind. I'll figure it out. Must be user error.
    First change should be to move everything off the Page background layer to the MouseOff layer bar the Shadow Group or rectangle that is the page's background.

Acorn