Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
    Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Default Feature suggestion: Noise tool

I would like to suggest a Perlin noise tool that would expand on the fractal fills and transparencies that are already present in Xara programs. A tool of it's own that could be set to either fill or transparency with a dropdown list of a few more modes like clouds, plasma, electricity and organic. the fill/transparency handles could work the same as they do for the current fractal fills/transparencies and three profile sliders could provide control over contrast, roughness and detail. When transparency is selected an additional dropdown like the current transparency dropdown list of blending modes could appear on the infobar. And while we are talking blending modes would it be possible to have a complete set of properly named blending modes like almost any other program out there?

This would be quite a useful tool for adding texture into drawings and compositions.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Default Re: Feature suggestion: Noise tool

"properly named blending modes like almost any other program out there?"
    I was going to comment on this but then I realized I was thinking transparency modes.
    additional noises would be useful, so I am in agreement with you there.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

+1

Ever since I started using 3D software again I have been thinking that someone should take some functionality from there and bring it into 2D world of vectors. The noise tool I would like to see would not be related to texturing but instead of paths/curves.

Drawing things like hair/fur or grass would be easier and the results more natural, if you could as a last step use some noise deformation tool to displace points on a curve for little adjustment.

Yes please.
    I've often wanted to add a kind of noisy fill to certain objects and found the current fractal clouds and plasma not fitting for what I wanted the result to look like.

Me too! Larry you should raise the "Blending Modes", bar Mix and Stained Glass I have to go through the others to see what happens as I always forget.
    Design is thinking made visual.

I do too Albacore. To me the naming of the transparent modes makes sense whereas in other programs deciding which one by the name gives me trouble as to what they do. I can't give any examples because I don't use anything else other than Xara, well sometimes I pittle around with them but that is rare.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

+1
    Sheff
    My Site