Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Drop Cap February 2015

When I was up for my Second Mates certificate we had to do exams in both audible & visual signaling. The audiable wsa far easier to pick up due to the audio rythms which weren't so simple to decypher on the visual range such as a signal sent on an Aldis lamp.
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Congratulations to iamtheblues. His Drop Cap was shown in all it's glory in this month's Outsider. This makes 2 months in a row that one of our contributors Drop Caps has been recognized. So thank all of you for making this a successful challenge. But we are not done yet, we still have several letters to go. Looking forward to seeing what you guys come up with for the remainder of this particular challenge.
    Thank you Bob for your outstanding Drop Cap. As pointed out in the outsider you not only did a great Drop Cap but also combined this months scribble into your design. Way to go, what an inspiration, you have given us all something to strive for.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Aw shucks, it wuz nuthin'...thanks Larry.
    Bob.
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.

Hi all

Haven't been around for a while but here's my take on the letter 'Q'

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Feb Drop Cap Q.png 
Views:	217 
Size:	95.2 KB 
ID:	109705

This is a "where the hell are we" Q

Stygg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	44.jpg 
Views:	147 
Size:	36.0 KB 
ID:	109751  

Good stuff here

I had to do this one, it was to simple not to, it's a child's pictograph.

EDIT: Source photo
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	drop-cap-queue-2.jpg 
Views:	129 
Size:	44.3 KB 
ID:	109754  
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Nice one Egg and seeing as your second mate, can you set course for these coodinates Latitude: 31°13.3332′ N
    Longitude: 121°27.4836′ E across the Q chart, not been there for some time.

Stygg

Never got to Shanghai when I was deep sea Stygg. China was not a place to go 65-75 era. There was a Blue Funnel ship which was stuck in Shanghai for many months with the crew constantly being bombarded by the thoughts of Chairman Mao in chines over speakers day & night. Hong Kong & Pusan (now Busan) was the nearest I got mainland China.
    Egg

Thanks for your reply Egg, your mention of the Blue Funnel Line brought back many memories of the British Merchant Shipping Fleets of yester year, Harrison Line, Bibby Line, Cairn Line and three I was so familiar with, Manchester Liners, Prince Line and two of my favorite ships, Pacific Stronghold and Pacific Norwest, ahh those were the days. I'll leave it at that before Larry tells me off for going well off topic.

Stygg

Nice ones mhjgkane, Stugg, amd Egg.
    Yes you are off topic but I find the conversation interesting.
    The only place I got to in China was Hong Kong, we were only there for one day so didn't get to see much.

Interesting that Egg in Navy (Royal Navy?), Stygg in Merchant Marines, Rik was in the Royal Navy, me US Marines. Those are the only ones I know at present,
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.