Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Tile Effect Slideshow 2 Widget Not Working !

Hi Everyone

I have a question pertaining the tile slideshow 2 widget which i would like to use on multiple pages, example on my index and other categories under my portfolio. Though i can insert these, they appear to affect each other in some way, for example, when i place one on the index page, save and preview the page it works fine but when i add another slide on a different page the one on the index page disappears even though they are using different pictures.

Any idea why this is happening or it simply does not support multi page usage.

Your feedback will be much appreciated.

Default Re: Tile Effect Slideshow 2 Widget Not Working !

I'm not sure but when Acorn or Web check in they may have the answer and maybe a solution.

What Xara product and what type of site have you built?

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

I have just tried Supersites and Variants and all possible modes with three Slideshows and all work fine.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Klamsi - Please update your profile if you are using a Xara product. This information helps us help you.

Hi everyone

Thank you so much for your responses, i am trying this on Web Designer 10 Premium and the site is a 3 page site with 5 portfolio sub pages. However, i realized that this problem affects only the index and the second page which was named "index a" after creating it and wonder why. Regardless of the slider widget i use, this problem persists but otherwise i have tried the Nivo Slider in several pages and seems to work fine.

Perhaps some explanation of what "index a" page is and its purpose would help a great deal

Again, thank you for your willing to help.

Regards,

Thanks for the clarification.

When you create a new page, by default Xara gives the new page the same name as the previous page and appends an -a -b, etc. You can (and should) change the name to something that makes more sense, e.g. About-Me, Portfolio-1.

You can do this two ways. In the Page & Layer Gallery click on the page name and highlight the name, then change it. The name will be in lowercase even if you type caps. It is also best not to leave space between words so use a dash or an underscore, my_photos, my-photos, etc.

The other way is in Website Properties > Page > Page Title. Page Title is very important because it gives the search engines like Google an idea pf what's on the page.

Att: gwpriester

Thanks for your reply and explanation, however i did name the page "portfolio" but the moment i place a slideshow widget on it, the one on my index pages disappears and when i delete it, it reappears. I did this several times trying to see where the problem might be coming from but did not help thus far. What i realized is that, if i place the same widget on another page it would still affect the one on the index page which i find very strange in a way. Despite saving and exporting the site, it seems not to change when previewing. I am running WinXP Professional 32bit on a virtual machine and doubt very much if that would have any effect at all... or has it?

Acorn or Web. Any thoughts on this and how Klamsi can work around this?

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    Acorn or Web. Any thoughts on this and how Klamsi can work around this?
    Gary, my gut is telling me there are finger gremlins about as I can't make it not work.
    we need an upload of the design file.
    Acorn