Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Threaded View

Default Re: Alien Skin and Xara

Quote Originally Posted by angelize View Post
    @Mike: Up to and including version 6 EC AS products did work perfectly with Xara, AS changed their code to be compatible with Adobe's newest versions and that broke compatibility with Xara. AS don't want to work with Xara to find a fix. I'm not a programmer and I wouldn't have a clue what it would take to make EC7 play nice with Xara but I can't see that Xara would want to bother with AS if AS won't work with them.
    I'm not sure this is all Alienskins fault here, apparently Filter Forge doesn't play nice with Xara now (although, I have no experience that it ever did), and I downloaded a load of plugins from Xero Graphics (http://www.xero-graphics.co.uk/#!/co...ads/index.html) last night and they all crashed Xara. Maybe just me, but I'm beginning to see a common link here. Although to be fair, all the older Xero plug-ins work fine with the same program. Maybe Xero have adjusted their algorithms to suit Adobe too. However, if everyone is changing the way plugins behave, I'm sure Xara will follow suit eventually if they can, or any updated 8bf plugins will be entirely useless.
    Last edited by ss-kalm; 26 February 2015 at 05:19 PM. Reason: Expanded
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.
    IP