Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default Re: Alien Skin and Xara

The 32-bit version of Paintshop doesn't work with it either.

I probably did not need to include a copy of the email I sent to AS, but I hardly think it was a "rant." It was actually quite respectful.

Others have found EC 7 does not work well for most people on Xara. Check out this thread.

Regards,
    Alan
    IP

I meant the 32-bit version of PSP that also installs on your computer. That AS doesn't work in an Xara product doesn't surprise me and that is something for Xara to fix.

Mike
    IP

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Hi Guys, First I've moved this down to the plug ins forum.

Alan I totally understand your frustration and while I have no idea about PSP I can tell you that I have both Eye Candy 6 and Snap Art 3 and they both work perfectly with Xara. The new versions of their programs are all being re written and they no longer work reliably with Xara. So Xara issues are definitely not just you.

It is not necessarily an issue for Xara to fix, in fact there maybe nothing that Xara can do. The problem is that AS changed the way their programs work and they no longer want to bother with ensuring compatibility with anything that is not Adobe. This is what I was told when EC7 first came out, straight from an AS tech.

As for finding a legal copy of EC6 I have no idea and I spent some time looking to offer up here at TG.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.
    IP

@Frances,

Here, the AS plug-ins work fine with PaintShop Pro X6 64-bit (don't have X7), PhotoLine 64-bit and Corel PhotoPaint X7 and X7, both are 64-bit. These aren't "Adobe" products. But those companies ensure they are compatible with both 32- and 64-bit Photoshop compatible plug-ins.

What isn't Xara's responsibility to make their application work with Photoshop compatible plug-ins?
    IP

Hi Frances,

You wrote:
    Quote Originally Posted by angelize View Post
    Hi Guys, First I've moved this down to the plug ins forum.
    Thanks for moving this. I should have put it there myself.

Quote Originally Posted by angelize View Post
    As for finding a legal copy of EC6 I have no idea and I spent some time looking to offer up here at TG.
    Thanks for looking. I tried to find it too. I saw a couple of opportunities to acquire it, but they looked suspiciously dodgy to me, and I want to make sure I have legitimate software on my computer.

I gather from AS that they don't even want to support "essentials" software anymore.

Regards,
    Alan
    IP

Default Re: Alien Skin and Xara not working

I have Alien Skin 6 installed. how do I get Xara DP10 to see it and work with it?
    IP

Default Re: Alien Skin and Xara not working

If you have it installed somewhere and know wherre then it might be easiest to go to utilities/options/effects and plugins/photoshop plugins. Or go to the Fx live effects there will be a setup button near the top of the screen click on setups which takes you to the same setup you find under utilities so add foldrer, navigate to where it is installed and click OK. Other than that install it to where Xara is installed, might be C/Program files (x86)/Xara/Xara Pro 10/Xara Photo Editor/PS plug-ins.

Name:  setup button.png
Views: 356
Size:  4.9 KB Click image for larger version. 

Name:	options.png 
Views:	332 
Size:	45.1 KB 
ID:	105921
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.
    IP