Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Bitmaps and Transparencies

If I import a 24 bit image and insert it into the document and use that same image to apply transparency, why does the transparency bitmap become so much larger than the image?

Wouldn't it make sense to apply the transparency at the same size as a fill would be applied?

It's a pain making the fill and transparency line up when by default they are applied mis-aligned.

Can this be fixed? Or is there some keyboard shortcut combo that I don't know about?
    Sheff
    My Site

Default Re: Bitmaps and Transparencies

.......... and use that same image to apply transparency, why does the transparency bitmap become so much larger than the image?
    Not following you there Sheff.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Import a 24 bit image and then insert it into your document. The find that image in the bitmap gallery. Select the image and press the transparency button in the bitmap gallery. The transparency is applied at a much larger size. Logically, the image, and the transparency should align perfectly since they are the source for both the fill and the transparency.
    Sheff
    My Site

Never used the Transparency in the Bitmap Gallery before Sheff. However just did so and it applied the transparency such that it was the same size as the image ??? However I agree that sizing is a big issue with fills due to the disappearing dpi fill figures and the near impossiblity to get the dpi window back. I'd love it for someone to show me how to reveal this dpi box at will!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fill-dpi.png 
Views:	135 
Size:	5.6 KB 
ID:	105860  
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    I'd love it for someone to show me how to reveal this dpi box at will!
    Click pic and select fill tool, then double click pic to change to photo tool, finally click back to fill tool. DPI shows on info bar.

Cheers for that Sledge and it works but WTF, why does the dpi window disappear at all ?????? I'll try and remember this really intuitive working method
    Egg