Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Portrait mode slideshow

Hi all

Today's stupid question is - does Xara include a slideshow in portrait mode as opposed to landscape?

I have looked through the supplied slideshow and they all appear to be landscape, there are some portrait galleries but that is not what I am looking for.

I have even tried to rotate the good old Nivo slider, but the rotate handles appear to be disabled.

Any thoughts please?

Default Re: Portrait mode slideshow

Inside the Widget try resizing the pages that hold your images to the portrait size you need.
    Drop you images in place, save and then resize the Widget Placeholder to fit.

It works for one Widget but no guarantee it will do the same for the others.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    Inside the Widget try resizing the pages that hold your images to the portrait size you need.
    Drop you images in place, save and then resize the Widget Placeholder to fit.

It works for one Widget but no guarantee it will do the same for the others.

Acorn
    Just tried for the Nivo Slider and changed the Named variables - unsuccessfully.

Sorry,
    Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Acorn -many thanks for trying - if you are not able to provide a response, I fear that there may not be a positive outcome!

Thanks again

Quote Originally Posted by nobbyy View Post
    Acorn -many thanks for trying - if you are not able to provide a response, I fear that there may not be a positive outcome!

Thanks again
    Try this: http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthre...ent-Slideshows.
    Acorn

Hi,

To start this thread again.

Does Xaraweb include a simple widget slideshow in portrait mode as opposed to landscape?

regards
    Henry

There is a basic slide show that you can use whatever orientation photos you want. At the moment my Content Catalog is not showing anything.

I would use this approach for "a simple widget slideshow in portrait mode": ​https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...231#post579231

Acorn

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    There is a basic slide show that you can use whatever orientation photos you want. At the moment my Content Catalog is not showing anything.
    In my first foray into the use of Xara web design features I created a square format slide show. Create a new page to the size you want and drag the widget onto it. Adjust the shape of the elements to fit the page. When you have it as you want it, duplicate the page and replace the image. Export as html
    See www.tonero.me.uk/stresa2017.htm I do have a problem with it however, it takes an age to download.
    Tony

Quote Originally Posted by tonylondon View Post
    In my first foray into the use of Xara web design features I created a square format slide show. Create a new page to the size you want and drag the widget onto it. Adjust the shape of the elements to fit the page. When you have it as you want it, duplicate the page and replace the image. Export as html
    See www.tonero.me.uk/stresa2017.htm I do have a problem with it however, it takes an age to download.
    Tony, you have created a Supersite so effectively all your images are a new page. To make this work as a slider, you would have to embed this site into another as an IFRAME.

To speed it up, publish as a Conventional website.
    I would also check the payload size of the images as they look massive. Keep the originals safe but use Xara to optimise the images for the web.
    You are also sending them out in Retina format as well.

Acorn