Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Ecwid and Xara

Default Ecwid and Xara

Hi.

We are currently using Xara Web designer 7 for our website.

I have just finished integrating Ecwid for our ecommerce (using Ecwids code), which is working fine, except the Ecwid page is not visible to search engines. According to Ecwid, I need to run some php scripting to make it work, however our hosting provider does not have PHP.

If we were to upgrade to web designer Premium, and use the Ecwid widget, would this solve our search engine options?

Also, with the responsive site design in premium, do you have to create a page for each individual screen size, or does it automatically do it?

Thanks
    Dave

Default Re: Ecwid and Xara

Quote Originally Posted by graytill View Post
    Hi.

We are currently using Xara Web designer 7 for our website.

I have just finished integrating Ecwid for our ecommerce (using Ecwids code), which is working fine, except the Ecwid page is not visible to search engines. According to Ecwid, I need to run some php scripting to make it work, however our hosting provider does not have PHP.
    I don't know of any other approach.

If we were to upgrade to web designer Premium, and use the Ecwid widget, would this solve our search engine options?
    No difference.

Also, with the responsive site design in premium, do you have to create a page for each individual screen size, or does it automatically do it?
    Xara doesn't deliver responsive designs, only variants. Each variant has to be hand-crafted for each and every page.

Thanks
    Dave
    Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

I tried to follow the Ecwid instructions but kept getting errors.

Do you know of anyone that I can hire to get it done properly?

Ecwid instructions: http://help.ecwid.com/customer/porta...ur-ecwid-store

Store: http://biosourcenaturals.com/store.htm

Any help is appreciated.

Xara doesn't deliver responsive designs, only variants. Each variant has to be hand-crafted for each and every page.

..and to be entirely fair, NOTHING out there handles true responsive design automatically.