Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default needing some help PLEASE!!!!!!!

New to coreldraw so I bought X7. Ive been playing with it and it has some bad ass graphic design tools. But im trying to get my designs on vinyl. It will print everything but the fonts. My print contractor says I may need to convert my fonts to outlines so the vinyl printer will recognize the fonts as an outline. Does anyone know how to do this or can anyone tell me how... PLEASE????? and Thankyou
    IP

Default Re: needing some help PLEASE!!!!!!!

So, convert your fonts to curves. I am not sure what the command is to do this but when Mike W passes through he'll know the command.
    IP

Select the text, right-click and choose convert to outlines. Or, select the text and press the Ctrl+q keys.
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by mwenz View Post
    Select the text, right-click and choose convert to outlines. Or, select the text and press the Ctrl+q keys.
    Ok, after I select the text and right click, it shows convert to curves. I dont have an option for convert to outlines. Is this the same? Sorry if this is a dumb question.
    IP

Convert to Curves. Every application has the same feature but they call it something different.
    IP

awesome!!! Thanks. I knew that there was the same feature for it. Im used to working with photoshop but everyone tells me that corell is better and easier. So far its so easy its complicated. Or im making it more complicated than it actually is. Thanks again man.
    IP

Yeah, sorry about the term switch.

Vector applications are by nature more involved than even a full-featured bitmap editor such as PS. Just concentrate on what you need to do in CD and learn new things as needed.

Mike
    IP