Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default 15 Creepiest Modern Technologies

Signs of our times...
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do, so throw off the bowlines, sail away from safe harbor, catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore, Dream, Discover."
    -Mark Twain

Default Re: 15 Creepiest Modern Technologies

I don't get anything except a black rectangle Maya. I would like to view it, is there a link to it?
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Is it just me or are the really creepy ones being developed by the US military?
    Flawless Form. Faultless Function. Crafted by Cloud

https://www.cloudwebagency.co.uk

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do, so throw off the bowlines, sail away from safe harbor, catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore, Dream, Discover."
    -Mark Twain

Cloud -- It's not just you, those the military works on are pretty creepy!
    -Mark Twain

They are all creepy Maya, just glad I'm not going to live to see all that stuff in place and being used, so if you think the human race on Earth will finish when our Sun is in its death throws, think again from what you've seen such as in the video, man will destroy himself as well as all other life on this planet long before the Sun turns into a red giant. As you can see, I don't have much faith in some scientists, the military and the governments of the world. Sorry for being so gloomy so I'll end with a smile before I end up being assimalated into the borg

Stygg

I won't be around either, Stygg, but even what we're seeing now is chilling. When I think about all the good things that science, medicine, technologies has brought to us (many of us wouldn't even be alive if it weren't for the advances in medicine/science -- I wouldn't be certainly) I'm conflicted when thinking about all the possible misuses of these also. Just because we can do something doesn't mean that we should. Human nature hasn't changed much in general, and that is only too useful to those who know how to use it to manipulate things in their favor and for their greed and quest for power. It's my opinion of course. When I view what the government/military/police are working on to use in controlling the worst of human activities (and it would be impossible to argue for allowing these sorts of crimes to not be interfered with) I'm concerned with them taking things too far. It's easy for such entities to use, as the excuse for it, statistical numbers (and statistics are dubious in how they are manipulated also) of people not taking responsibility for their actions and/or not caring how any of it affects everything/everyone else. I think there's been progress, we've tried to be more "civilized," but there's still enough going on that can be used to create fear in populations and result in them being more accepting of ever more surveillance and controls over everyone just to get at the ones who intend to cause harm. Could we end up with a sort of "Minority Report" state? I hope not. I hope future generations will not let something like that happen, that they will not be so consumed in the distractions put before us that they just won't care enough about where it could all lead. Living in the moment is great, cultivating the attitude that's "it's all good" is a nice balm...but there are consequences. I tend, in spite of it all, to be one who always thinks there's hope for us however...

Ok, I'm off my soapbox!
    -Mark Twain

You stay on your soapbox Maya you expressed indeed my thoughts exactly and elloquently, I would have been banned from the forum if I'd got on my soapbox but as you, I like to think there is hope.

Stygg