Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Foggy Day

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Default Foggy Day

Here is a shot taken near my home. We have had a very mild winter here on the South Coast of BC. The rest of Canada has been in a deep freeze and we have been getting fog and rain. I post processed this Photo in Designer pro 10 and OnOne Perfect Studio as an experiment to see how the two programs could work together. Perfect Studio can be set as an external editor in Xara but Xara can also be used as an external editor in Perfect Photo studio.

In this photo I used Xara's magic eraser(photo healing) to quickly tidy up some sticks and muddy foot prints that were distracting and I cropped the photo as well. In Photo Studio I played around with some subtle tone enhancements and a bit of subtle texture
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	foggyjanuary.jpg 
Views:	308 
Size:	104.4 KB 
ID:	105698  
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Default Re: Foggy Day

I really miss BC. I lived outside of Vancouver for three years back in the '70s. Used to hang out at Stanley Park whenever I could, watching an old man sit on a bench surrounded by the black squirrels he was feeding. He was a landmark. Your photo takes me back.

Let me know if you like to trade houses for a week or two--I'm on Kauai!

Sure is foggy Frances. Beautiful photo and area where you live.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Thanks Fin and Larry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |

Great photo atmosphere.

Do you use Perfect studio as plugin or as standalone? I tryed to load as a plugin from the 30 day evaluation but seems to do nothing.

Nice and dreary. I do not miss the west coast fog for a second. This photo reminds me why.

@flamerz: I use Perfect Studio as a stand alone I have Xara set to use it as an external editor.

@Gary: The endless grey rainy weather here can get to some people. The lack of sunlight can cause seasonal depression. But hey the rest of the country is still in the polar deepfreeze
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nice shot with a mysterious combination of light and foggy darkness.