Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Insert HTML5 animation

Hi,

Is there a simple way to insert a HTML5 animation in Xara?
    I've tried with placeholders and it doesn't seem to work on the preview.

I am a real amateur at doing websites, I'm updating mine and decided to try it with Xara in the spirit of simplifying things.

I had SWF flash items embedded in my old site and transferred them in HTML5 with google swiffy.
    I hope this way my site will work with android and IOS Devices.

Thanks,

Marc

Default Re: Insert HTML5 animation

Hi Marc,

Yes by using an iframe placeholder. What's the source & size of your html5 animation?
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Hi Egg,

One animation on top is 1200x125px, it's a html file (converted from a swf).
    I tried with the "Embed website" widget but it prompted for an http address.

Is there a simple way to insert an Iframe placeholder?

Thanks,

Marc

Hi Marc. Try creating a rectangle 1200 x 125px and in Web Properties / Placeholder / Replace with html (Body) insert the following:

<iframe name=swiffy-iFrame src=http://www.path-to-html-file.html width=1220 height=125 scrolling=no frameborder=0 marginheight=0 marginwidth=0></iframe>

Of course you'll need to correct the url to the correct path.

That should do it.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Hi Brian,

Thanks for the pointers.

If I understand correctly, the path cannot point to a local file on my hard drive?
    It has to be uploaded on a server beforehand?

Sorry for my ignorance!

Marc

Yes, upload it to your hosting server. Use an ftp program like Filezilla
    Egg

Ok, I will try this, thanks.

It's more job to make dry runs though, as you have to upload every time changes are made on the animation.

Marc

Hi Marc,

You can do it by making a placeholder to your local computer, something like:

<iframe name=myiFrame src=file:///H:/My%20Documents/semaphore/swiffy/journeyer.html width=524 height=732 scrolling=no frameborder=0 marginheight=0 marginwidth=0></iframe>

It's more job to make dry runs though, as you have to upload every time changes are made on the animation.
    How long does it take to upload a new animation to your hosting site? Seconds? If it takes longer, your animation is to large from the outset

It takes longer to update the swf file via Swiffy to get the resultant html5 file. Get the Flash animation to work as required & tested in Xara's swf output first. Alter, tweak and change as often as required. When your happy with the FINAL swf animation, upload to Swiffy to create the FINAL html5 file for uploading to your hosting site.
    Egg

Thanks Egg!

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    Get the Flash animation to work as required & tested in Xara's swf output first. Alter, tweak and change as often as required. When your happy with the FINAL swf animation, upload to Swiffy to create the FINAL html5 file for uploading to your hosting site.
    That sounds like a good plan, will try it this week.

Marc

Hi there.

I am dealing with a similar issue, ie. converting an swf photo slideshow to html5 so it is visible on iOS. Have converted the swf in Google Swiffy and then 'Saved as' the resulting html file to my local drive as instructed on their site.

Is it then possible to insert the resulting url path for this local file (ie 'file:///C:/Users.../slideshow.html') into the iframe placeholder and then simply re-publish the site using smart publish in Xara WD9 so that only this file is uploaded? (Obviously the Google preview url is only available for 15mins so I guess there is no point in linking that to the placeholder).

Steve