Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Flash slideshow not visible on ipad

Hi Steve,

Would this new html file then upload to the FTP server once i re-publish the site, or not, given it is a path to a local file on my hard drive?
    Unfortunately you can't do that in Xara. You can do it with swf & avi files but not html files as far as I'm aware. So your only way around this is to go via uploading via FTP. There is indeed a problem with the latest Filezilla but you could use Cute ftp.

I attach a xar with the placeholder pointing to an uploaded swiffy file.

You can also view the mobile working version HERE or use the QR Code attached
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	steve-qrc.png 
Views:	86 
Size:	6.2 KB 
ID:	105755  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Egg, I thought that Xara would upload files if you put them in the right place?

For example you can do that to place a PDF (say) on your Xara website, so couldn't the same be done with this HTML code? Of course the link would need then to be relative and not to the local file.

Well I tried it Paul and it didn't work for me, but that's not to say it won't
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

OK.

These days it's an easier route to use a HTML5 video player or slideshow.

FYI - while the talk here is about a PC vs a Mac, I had same issue with Flash but found it when visiting the site from an Android tablet or Smartphone as well. You will get the same blank screen area issue. And finding some people often surf the web on a tablet, Ipad or Android, so...

The work-around I used was to create a 'slideshow' using Photoshop to put a batch of JPG photo in to one "animated" GIF file. Then inserting the 'GIF' file on the page, which is a self-running slide show.

Here is an example on one of my sites (built with previous s/w)... http://www.nngc-2015.com
    Look at the small picture in the top right corner on the home page, wait and it changes every 7-8 seconds with a slight 'transition' effect too.

Maybe not your answer, but a side-thought to consider, for visitors on a Android platform may have same issue, and a possible alternate option ?

loose thoughts from newbie,
    Frolin