Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Download issues w/WD10 & Premium

I was looking for web design software and thought these options might be the best. I tried to download the trial versions and both came with error messages (-1) and wouldn't install. The popup window suggested reinstalling, but that did not work either. I'm wondering if I will have the same problem downloading a purchased full product and can't seem to locate anyone (tech help) to assist. Tried to reply to the welcome email that Xara sent me and it bounced back.

Is this is common issue or should I have cause to be concerned? I do not have any issues with other software that I have installed (either by disk or by download). The two I tried from the Xara website were WD 10 and WD 10 Premium (64 bit). Any insight is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Default Re: Download issues w/WD10 & Premium

Welcome to TG teb. This should not be occuring. I can't recall anyone having an issue with downloading & installing the trial. As you don't gve your location it's not easy to say if this is the correct link, it's the UK one. But just going to xara.com / products should supply the correct link for you. By the way you haven't previously D/L'd the software and it's expired have you?
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

OP's IP resolves to Langhorne, United States.
    You probably need to list more about your operating system and which security software you have running.
    You could also try DL'ing from the MAGIX page
    http://www.magix.com/int/free-downlo...igner-premium/

Thanks for the replies. I was downloading the trial version from the xara.com website (US) and this was the first time - had not done so previously with a trial version that expired. I am running windows 8.1 pro 64 bit with defender. There was no problem with the download - it was the installation that was causing the issue. If I recall correctly, twice during the installation process, an error message popped up and I seem to recall that it had a -1 notation with the suggestion to try to reinstall to correct the issue. After the installation was complete, a software icon was on my desktop for the program and when I clicked on that, the program logo briefly appeared than disappeared with the same error message popup.

I was successful downloading the program from the same source on a different desktop with the same operating system. Unfortunately, I can't work from that desktop and would need the program on my work computer. Both computers are updated daily so there isn't any discernible difference between the two. Not sure if this is a mystery that won't be solved, but I intend to purchase the product and hope for the best! I'm assuming after the product is purchased, I might have access to technical support to help with any installation issues.

In the meantime, if you have any thoughts or comments on what I might do differently to try and resolve the download issue so I can try the trial version and be certain that it can be installed on my computer, I welcome your input. Thanks again for replying to my post!

Steve - I did wind up purchasing WD 10 Premium and still have the same issues with downloading. I have tried the 32 and 64 bit versions Xara and Magix and all have the same installation issues (installation folder may be damaged). I have even tried to install it on different hard drives on my computer although nothing indicates that either drive is damaged. I have attached a screen shot of the error message.

I created a ticket on the Xara site yesterday and marked it "urgent" and have not heard back yet (not sure what the timetable is for a response from them). As I mentioned previously, I was able to install the trial version on another computer with success but I would prefer not to install the full product there as all of my files that I would use to create the website are on my computer (with the installation issue). I'm not sure if I'm allowed to install on two different computers, but I need to get started soon and I'm not getting any help from Xara.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	xara error msg.jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	98.1 KB 
ID:	105726

Can't help you with your main issue but you can install on three different computers for your personal use.

Have you tried with your AV turned off & the firewall off?
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    Can't help you with your main issue but you can install on three different computers for your personal use.

Have you tried with your AV turned off & the firewall off?

Thanks Egg. I did try with Defender and Firewall disabled and got the same results. Hopefully, I'll hear some from tech support - thank goodness I marked it as "urgent"!

Hi teb2500,

We've replied to your ticket, please let us know the results.

Thanks
    Rob

Quote Originally Posted by Rob-Xar View Post
    Hi teb2500,

We've replied to your ticket, please let us know the results.

Thanks
    Rob
    Hi Rob - thanks for getting back to me in this forum as well. I did reply to your email. Same result. There was no Xara folder on any drive after uninstall and no installation.ini file at all on my PC. I restarted and reinstalled as administrator with the same result and error message.

Have you compressed your HDD?