Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

WD6 Website publishing not working. Help!!!

I am trying to publish a new version of a website made in WD9 Premium to an FTP server. I have deleted files from an older version of the site from the server in the ´Explore web space´ dialogue as I was concerned there would be a conflict with the new site. After hitting Publish website, it starts exporting and then uploading files from site. Midway through the upload I get a ´General FTP error´message and the upload aborts. It also seems to be uploading older versions of files, eg pdfs, that are linked into the site even though I have replaced these in the links. This is a big problem as we currently do not have a website as I have deleted, perhaps erroneously, older files on the server. I just (mistakenly) assumed that WD would publish the site without any such issues.

I would really appreciate some help here as this is urgent. Thanks.

Default Re: Website publishing not working. Help!!!

Try using a third party FTP app like Filezilla.

Publish your website to a folder on your desktop. Then connect to your server with Filezilla and transfer the contents of the folder to the root directory.

Thanks for the prompt response and useful info. Have now established the issue was with a rogue mp4 file so just deleted that and hey presto:
    http://skapenforandring.no/

Excellent. Glad everything worked out.