Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Vectorlicious Bundle: $1,500 Worth of Premium Quality Vectors - only $25

I got as far as IDing my location to get a VAT hike of 20%, took breath and backed out.
    Glad i did.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Default Re: Vectorlicious Bundle: $1,500 Worth of Premium Quality Vectors - only $25

I'd say that if there was one job that needed something from the $25 deal, it would be worth it.

freepik looks amazing.

I think the most interesting thing in the thread is having a graphics professional being critical of people actually paying for artwork.

It's a topsy-turvy world.

Paul—

I might have missed it, skimming this thread, but did anyone actually chide OM for paying for artwork?

I can't imagine the buyer, if a pro, would present the unedited purchased art as their own (I think Creative Commons prohibits this), and actually, the pieces that appeal to me are the borders. whose intricacy I don't have the time to render manually. I drew all thr embellishments around the border of some paper U.S. currency, and it proved not to be worth the time after I discovered that someone else had doe it and wanted $35. I don't think artist are always the people who hit those deals, either Paul. The "accidental Art director at a small business might have a deadline to get a poster done or something.

When someone has an artistic inclination, but not the decades of practice and refinement that a mature artist has, this is a perfectly acceptable recourse for acceptably getting from point a to point b by 5pm.

My Best,

Gary

I know a fair number of Graphic Designers who love this kind of bundle - they work to a schedule and usually for a fixed fee and it can be a better idea sometimes to take something someone else has already done but will make for a happy customer rather than make everything from scratch. In general the customer doesn't care where the artwork comes from, just what it looks like.

To my amazement recently, a customer (a manager at a large corporate) even suggested I use some hokey software (after he suggested I use M$ Word but I didn't have it, but would happily use it but would invoice him for the software).

So even professionals will use this stuff.

On the face of it the content of the deal looks good to me, though I haven't bought it.

Gary, It's your fault ! I am now totally hooked on looking around at the MightyDeals.

Many lead in interesting directions.

My latest thing to play with is http://www.escapemotions.com/experiments/flame/ which is a MightyDeal at the moment.

Dave D

@DD—

I'm jealous. I feel so used!

Every month, I post either my work or a volunteer's for free on Xara Xone's Giveaway of the Month list!

Just because Mighty Deals offers demoware under the guide of shareware or freeware, and offers links to online apps!?

I'll have to work harder!

My Best,

Gary

P.S. I bought Flame Painter.

Wow! Thanks Gary!

Gare, your work is very much appreciated! You are used only in the sense that your hard work is of value and assistance to those less skilled, like me. You are an inspiration and a real talent with oodles of creativity!
    R_o_n _a_l _d __C. __D_u_k_e

x a r a . c o m..a r t i s t s ..g a l l e r y

Xara's Facebook

Xara Designer Pro X 16, Xara 3D7 Web Designer

Bingo, Ron! That was the pat on the back I need, to get the hell to work this morning, thanks!

Name:  smirk2.jpg
Views: 82
Size:  4.4 KB