Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Grunge/splatter help

Hey guys, I came accross this poster today and am wanting to try and recreate it for fun. My problem lies in making grungy/splatters. In photoshop I have brushes thay handle this but I am sure it can be done via xara. How would you go about it? Thanks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_21618801303831.jpeg 
Views:	189 
Size:	149.4 KB 
ID:	105649  

Default Re: Grunge/splatter help

Hi YGG,

There are many post on TG regarding creating Grunge effect. Try searching google for Talkgraphics Grunge Effects
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

As Egg says. Or you could find a texture you like from somewhere like CG textures and fill page with it then put text or whatever on top, and, even fill selected fonts, lines you would have to convert to shapes to do this.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

I would use a texture but I would apply it as a bitmap transparency. for example place your vector art on top of a brown back ground rectangle and use any texture you like and apply it as a bitmap transparency to the vector art.

Another thing you can do is if you have some PS brushes you like there is a free utility called BrushMate available from Texturemate .com that can extract the png from PS brushes. you could then use the extracted png to create a brush in Xara.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Thanks guys, I will explore the various options provided here. Its quite obvious that there are different ways to go about this. I will have to see which one is the most efficient after playing around with it.

I appreciate the help.

I can think of one other way of getting your Grunge effect. Do a image google search for grunge, copy the one that you think fits your design into a new doc and do a Bitmap Trace through the Utilities Menu. Once you have done that Ungroup the results and then get rid of white from the results. Normally this is only one rectangle which is the background. Ctrl+A to select all then Ctrl+G to Group all the Black parts together. Then you can duplicate and maybe apply transparency to take it down a bit. This method is the best way to do this if the banner is going to print. If it is going to print then please make sure that you export it as at least PDF/X-1a 2001 and higher if you can because some RIP software if its not up to date will block printing transparencies. If you need help with your poster do come back and we will all try and help.
    Design is thinking made visual.

Sorry I have many for Illustrator of these grunge designs and here is one that might help with the poster. Have fun
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Design is thinking made visual.

Thank you Albacore, I never thought of approaching it that way either. Its always neat learning new tricks. You guys are awesome. As I get better at this over time I will be contributing a lot more to this forum. And yes I always have fun