Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default School project {Help - urgent}

Hi,

I need help please. I need to design a watch/timepiece with Ai but I'mm stuck. I want the numbers to go exactly like the picture below. Can anyone guide me please???

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	help.jpg 
Views:	190 
Size:	82.5 KB 
ID:	105609

Thank you thank you!!!

Default Re: School project {Help - urgent}

If your working in AI you will need to draw first your clockface, that's the inner ellipse and the outer rounded corner rectangle. You might want to Unite these 2 shapes using the Pathfinder tool. Then you want to draw another ellipse for the path of the roman numerals then with this path selected, select Type on a Path and place your cursor at the 12 o'clock position. Type in your numbers using you roman numeral font a get the approx spacing that you want using the space bar. After getting them in the right position you would then need to Expand and Ungroup and select each number and give it an Arc Warp. Each letter must be given a setting to suit photo.
    That's one method you could use but the standard way of doing it it to use the circle method as shown in the tutorial: http://graphicssoft.about.com/od/ill...fclockface.htm
    Instead of using the circle you are using the ellipse but it is the same process. You would still have to use the Warp to add perspective to the rounded corner rectangle. Also using the tutorial method it would show you how to get the minute sectors around your ellipse. The effect of an Arc pattern on every alternative number would be done similar two the numbers but I would use a symbol for this and use the layer panel to get the stacking right. What you're trying to do is quite difficult both to explain & do.
    Design is thinking made visual.