Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default home page button dead in navigation bar

Following problem is driving me bonkers. I replaced an existing navigation bar by a new one. The only problem is that it is not reacting on the homepage button, whatever page I'm on. For all other pages there's no problem. If I look in de nav bar editor the link is there to the index page. I've tried all tricks in "my book" and I can't make it talk. What am I doing wrong? Nearly forgot, in the preview mode there's no problem
    Thanks for assistance.
    Rgds, Rufin

Default Re: home page button dead in navigation bar

Best bet is to upload your .xar/.web file Rufin.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Would like to but the file's too big to upload. Exceeds the 10 limit. Brgs Rufin

Can you supply the url then?
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

I think your WowSlider shadow is above your menu bar disabling the home button. Bring the menu bar to the front on all pages.
    Egg

Same with your print button. Bring that above the slider.

There's some hidden text on the right hand side of the slider too
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	slide.jpg 
Views:	110 
Size:	8.0 KB 
ID:	105561  
    Egg

You were right, the shadow was causing the problem. But it didn't help to move the wowslider to far behind. Because that was its Original position. The only thing that did help was to move the navbar out of the shadow. So never the less the position of the placeholder, part of it was still intervening. Thanks for your help. Grtz Rufin

My pleasure
    Egg

Also, the current page button is inactive by default. Xara uses the MouseOver state to indicate the current page. You can add a MouseDown state that will then indicate the current page and will be different than the mouse off and mouse over states.