Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Show us your own Seamless Tilling Textures

Yes Maya, they are a lot of fun & a great challenge Love the ants.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Thanks, Egg!
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do, so throw off the bowlines, sail away from safe harbor, catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore, Dream, Discover."
    -Mark Twain

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Hi everyone, by taking Egg's tutorial and making a live copy of the first triangle you can make your very own pattern tile maker. use the first triangle as your master copy and by changing the fill and editing the fill you can create many different variations quickly and easily. marquee select the 8 live copies that make up your tile make a bitmap copy of them and use that bitmap to fill your master copy and you can create even more variations from the same original bitmap!

Here is my .xar file which contains an animal print seamless tile that I created using a different program and two pattern variations
    Attached Files Attached Files
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Many thanks, Frances!
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do, so throw off the bowlines, sail away from safe harbor, catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore, Dream, Discover."
    -Mark Twain

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

You are quite welcome Maya This is actually the same basic idea that I used for the snowflake maker that I posted about a year ago except with the snowflake maker you are erasing bits of the master copy and of course it is configured in a hexagon rather than a square.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Quote Originally Posted by angelize View Post
    Hi everyone, by taking Egg's tutorial and making a live copy of the first triangle you can make your very own pattern tile maker. use the first triangle as your master copy and by changing the fill and editing the fill you can create many different variations quickly and easily. marquee select the 8 live copies that make up your tile make a bitmap copy of them and use that bitmap to fill your master copy and you can create even more variations from the same original bitmap!

Here is my .xar file which contains an animal print seamless tile that I created using a different program and two pattern variations
    Thanks for the tip, based on Egg's wallpaper example tried to paste it to the tile maker, do you someone has an idea after how to remove those antialias lines in the middle?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	white_antialias.jpg 
Views:	166 
Size:	139.1 KB 
ID:	105613

Best way I've found is:

1: Create the tile

2: Group it

3: Clone, englarge slightly and rotate slightly

4: Send to back

5: Select the front tile & create a full colour NO alpha bitmap

See attached xar file
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tile.png 
Views:	157 
Size:	214.6 KB 
ID:	105617   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tile.jpg 
Views:	166 
Size:	112.5 KB 
ID:	105618  

Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Actually there's no need to create 8 triangles, you can achieve the same result with just 2 and use repeat inverted. I've sexed this one up a bit so it's not so obviously repeating.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tile2.jpg 
Views:	165 
Size:	237.8 KB 
ID:	105619   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tile2.jpg 
Views:	148 
Size:	38.8 KB 
ID:	105620  

Egg

Egg thanks for the tip, that slight rotating is really good tactic. Also will try the live copies with the repeat inverted method

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tile_01.png 
Views:	97 
Size:	65.9 KB 
ID:	122664