Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default How on earth do I get a simple line to duplicate "directly" under another?? HLP

It seems that Xara (9) doesn't have a way of duplicating objects as simply as it used to. Perhaps I am blind but I used to be able to set the offsets as 0 / XX so that the line aligned to the left but gave the Y axis a measurement to duplicat (down) by.

I can't find this very necessary feature in 9.

Please Help

Cheers

Default Re: How on earth do I get a simple line to duplicate "directly" under another?? HLP

With your original line selected...

Edit/Clone Line
    Arrange/Move Backwards

Now a copy of the line is behind the original and currently selected. With it selected do whatever else you plan to do with the copied line.

Default Re: How on earth do I get a simple line to duplicate "directly" under another?? HLP

Options dialog, General tab. Set your X/Y for the dup. Still works for me.

Quote Originally Posted by mwenz View Post
    Options dialog, General tab. Set your X/Y for the dup. Still works for me.
    Thanks for that MWEN - For some reason I was looking in Grid/Ruler and Units tabs. Have changed but lines duplicating up instead of down?? Obviously there is something I have forgotten :-(

- (negative) moves downward, at least on my screen (more below). I typically have it set for X=0.2" and Y=-0.2" which moves the dupe to the right and down 0.02" both X+Y

Now, I also have my rulers set at the left top corner running both to the right and downwards. Didn't check to see if the vertical ruler was set to zero at the bottom left corner running upwards. If that affects things, then you need a positive number instead of the negative.

Also, just put something on your screen and move the Options dialog over so it doesn't affect things. It isn't a "modal" dialog, so it can be on-screen as you change the settings. Change a setting, press the Apply button, try the dupe, change the setting again if needed.

Mike