Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Default Re: New Year's Giveaway -- Xara Xone January 2015

Your absolutely right Gary I did use M.C. Eschers optical illusion. This is the original drawing I did some time ago and I like what you have done in your image, looks great. I had not lost interest in the balls on blocks, just did'nt know where to go with it after altering a couple of textures you suggested but seeing your image with lighting and shade has woke me up and I will go back to it.

Stygg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P.jpg 
Views:	217 
Size:	37.7 KB 
ID:	105633  
    Last edited by stygg2003; 11 January 2015 at 07:17 AM.

I have drawn this image from memory of a scene while walking in the High Peak Disrtict last summer when a storm suddenly arose and the whole scene looked magical, the ridge turned into silhouette the sun turned a watery white yellow in the clouds and yet where we were standing, was quite illuminated and bright. There is a couple of Gary's fills in this image, one in the sun and one making the ridge and its base, not apparant as it's mixed in with other colour changes and tone temps. I had to make to make the scene as near as I remember it.

Stygg

Name:	High Peak.jpg 
Views:	226 
Size:	24.8 KB 
ID:	105635  

You and Maya ought to get together and build entire world, stygg.

A beautiful piece that should go in your portfolio or a gallery.

My Best,

Gary

What an amazing scene!! Stygg you captured it!

Here's one that amazed me, and I've recreated in Xara from my color drawing I made at the time (and used 2 of the textures phototropy and plenty of green here ) the slight atmospheric fogginess (location very near the coast) and almost lavender blues in the sky against the peach-oranges of the moon in eclipse. I witnessed it from my front yard and it was really striking. I should also say that this view was of the eclipse not yet at maximum but in progress. What looks like a bright star in the lower right of the picture is actually Saturn.

Name:	lunar_eclipse1996.jpg 
Views:	225 
Size:	37.9 KB 
ID:	105640  
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do, so throw off the bowlines, sail away from safe harbor, catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore, Dream, Discover."
    -Mark Twain

Thank you for your kind comments Gary and Maya and I love that moon in eclipse Maya. I really like scenes that depict that moment of "wow" and magical look but are real.

Stygg

@CelinaPWJS—

Hi, and welcome to the Xara Xone area of TalkGraphics. If you read the memberships rules, you'd know that links are not permitted on the first post. Also your post appears to be nothing more than a diversion to sell things on YouTube...I think we can agree that this is not appropriate on a thread dealing with textures in Xara—buying Facebook "likes" is a dubious business that an honest website developer knows not to do in site optimization.

In future posts, I'd ask that you either comment on work or submit work. This is a warning, you're on notice, and another post like #46 will get you banned from TalkGraphics.

Understood?

Gary David Bouton

Quote Originally Posted by stygg2003 View Post
    Thank you for your kind comments Gary and Maya and I love that moon in eclipse Maya. I really like scenes that depict that moment of "wow" and magical look but are real.

Stygg
    Thanks Stygg! The effects of the colors were what really caught my attention, and it's just not possible to really convey it in a little picture when compared with just being there and seeing it in person, but I hoped to give an idea of what I saw.
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do, so throw off the bowlines, sail away from safe harbor, catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore, Dream, Discover."
    -Mark Twain

Heck Maya, stygg, and everyone else—

You didn't need my textures this month to create inspired artwork.

You just created inspired artwork!

Let's use "just" and "simply" sparingly, when we talk about the technical aspects of computer art, okay?

One of mt favorite book editors smacked me a good one for being so presumptive in a complex drawing program.

Perspective, always,

Gary

Smile Re: New Year's Giveaway -- Xara Xone January 2015

I'm already tired of winter! I need a vacation!
    I'd like to be somewhere like this...

Name:	vacation.jpg 
Views:	225 
Size:	78.9 KB 
ID:	105670  
    -Mark Twain

There's room under that umbrella for an extra chair, a spouse and four cats, Maya.

Go ahead.

Make my dream.

:)

It's deep and beautiful to gaze into, Maya.

Name:  smirk2.jpg
Views: 190
Size:  4.4 KB