Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default How do I make something similar to this in illustrator?

I am new to illustrator and can usually find a tutorial to help me but I can't find a tutorial for this. I want small text in the back ground with my logo showing through like the image attached. I'm sure its easy but I can't figure it out. Thank you for your time!

@@@

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_2014-12-24-16-01-31.jpg 
Views:	571 
Size:	186.1 KB 
ID:	105377
    IP

Default Re: How do I make something similar to this in illustrator?

Just Google the following phrase

Illustrator text inside a shape

You'll find lots of hits. Mike
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by mwenz View Post
    Just Google the following phrase

Illustrator text inside a shape

You'll find lots of hits. Mike
    Thank you for replying. However, I'm not trying to fit text inside of a shape. I would like the large logo to change the colors of the small text in the background. Almost like the large logo is bleeding through the small text and changing the small text's colors. Its hard to explain . does it let you zoom in on my attached image? You may see what I'm trying to describe.
    IP

use blending modes perhaps - text on one layer, your colored logo on the layer above - change the blending mode of the logo layer to 'overlay' ['soft light' or 'color' might also work, depending what else you are trying to do]

the blending modes in illustrator are on the transparency tab
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...
    IP

Oops. I viewed the image on my phone and didn't zoom it. Sorry.

I would simply dupe the text to have 3 copies all on top of each other. I would have the background black rectangle at the back of the stack. A small circle lower left. The logo shape at the top. Select the top copy of text, change the color of it to green, select the logo and cup it into the logo. Same with the small.circle, but change the text to white. Change the remaining block of text to the percentage of black desired (or whatever color.

I doubt blend modes would work without changing the black at the bottom wherever there is the blend mode and transparency.

Mike
    IP