Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default Single Page Website

Hi All,

I have just completed my first single page website design. I have built this website from scratch without using any templates. I have used jQuery, HTML 5 video, CSS3 and fullPage.js.

http://blahdblah.s3-website-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com

Please let me know what you think.

Default Re: Single Page Website

Your post was moderated since new members are not permitted links. Your link seems appropriate and this thread is approved.

It has a nice balance - thank you for sharing.
    I thought your bounce was a bit too punchy - I personally wanted it to be slower to appreciate the effect.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Really nice design, though the navigation may be a bit too subtle for some.

The slideshow goes a bit wild when scrolling on my Mac.

Love the flyover sequence, though I wanted it to lead somewhere.

The photography is amazing. Lorem ipsum a bit surprising. Work in progress?

Very good, professional website, the use of the full page slideshow is perfect as is the photography. I agree with Acorn on the bounce, perhaps more of an ease-in rather than a bounce, but overall a great website, well done. Just one note, are you planning this as a theme/template or a full fledged website for yourself or a client?
    Flawless Form. Faultless Function. Crafted by Cloud

https://www.cloudwebagency.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Cloud View Post
    Very good, professional website, the use of the full page slideshow is perfect as is the photography. I agree with Acorn on the bounce, perhaps more of an ease-in rather than a bounce, but overall a great website, well done. Just one note, are you planning this as a theme/template or a full fledged website for yourself or a client?
    Thank you for your comments. At the moment I am just trying out some new technologies for building eye catching websites. I might end up using something like this for my website.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by pauland View Post
    Really nice design, though the navigation may be a bit too subtle for some.

The slideshow goes a bit wild when scrolling on my Mac.

Love the flyover sequence, though I wanted it to lead somewhere.

The photography is amazing. Lorem ipsum a bit surprising. Work in progress?
    Thank you for your comments. I have fixed the bug when navigating the site on a mac. I have also added a setTimeout onto the mouse scroll event so if you scroll lots of times quickly it will not fire multiple times.
    You are correct the website is not finished yet (often a good time to get feedback - allows for quick changes)
    I will look at adding something to the end of video at a later date, I have added a few extra slides using some full screen Youtube videos which work really well - let me know what you think.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    It has a nice balance - thank you for sharing.
    I thought your bounce was a bit too punchy - I personally wanted it to be slower to appreciate the effect.

Acorn
    Thank you for your comments. I have slowed most of animations down by about 500ms which seems to give a much more fluid feel. I have also removed most of the animations for mobile devices for a smoother experience.

This is a beautiful website! Well done!
    What I want is a horizontal website (like yours) that can be scrolled horizontal with the mouse wheel. Is this possible to realize with a simple script? (In XDP X10)
    Marcia
    A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work unless it's open.
    Frank Zappa