Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: CorelDraw very slow, same old CDR problem!

Thanks SAEngraver, I understand what you're saying, but it's specifically a file problem... most of our design work is fine, just a percentage has the corruption. (we have around 20,000 designs on file) Worked with curves and color styles, I know it's something to do with these, but just can't put my finger on it. 2 weeks solid work, costing me thousands. Corel, as usual, will not reply, even during the warranty period. We may return for Illustrator on Monday.
    IP

I took a look at the file last night. I did get some speed improvement taking each piece of the wrap and exporting it as a cmx, opening that cmx in a new file, removing the power clip and redoing the clip, and rebuilding a new file piece by piece.

I got the biggest speed gains by combining the grunge that was all one color and slicing off parts that were outside the clip in order to cut down the shear number of nodes.

That's about as far as I am in looking at it.so far.
    IP

Thanks Mwenz, I totally understand where you're coming from... however we've been using Corel for over 5 years now, and the export situation in cmx is not the answer... it doesn't speed it up enough. We have many very complicated designs, most are fine, then theres these 'infected' files. The grouping and eliminating components outside the powerclip area can help, but not as much as we require. I know what you're saying, totally. But, I think there's more to this.
    IP

Guys, just to give you idea of what we see, here is an example I have located... http://screencast-o-matic.com/watch/c2QeF5nP51
    This basically shows a screenshot of the problem. This is not our design, but it shows what CDR does with the corrupted file. Each time you move anything, it does the bit by bit display deal. Ideas??
    IP