Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default CorelDraw very slow, same old CDR problem!

Hi team, just hoping for some ideas on Corel. We have thousands of files originally made in X4, now transferring to X7. Seems some have been corrupted, and wondering how to get them back on track. We have tried the .ZIP from temp, but nothing. The files are not 'crashing', just get super slow. We had a corruption issue a few years back, and it was something to do with the 'powerclip curves'. For example, I remember one file we had had 250,000 curves.... I remember we simply opened the file in X5, transferred the X4 file over to X5 and it was good, it removed the massive amount of curves. Anyone have any ideas? I'm happy to pay for advise, as this is killing our business. I can send files if anyone wants to have a look... as I said, happy to pay for help. These X7's we are using are brand new, COREL, as usual will not reply to emails, even during warranty period.
    The computers concerned are brand new, purpose built for graphics designs... and have all the goodies...
    IP

Default Re: CorelDraw very slow, same old CDR problem!

Object styles, and other styles that can get embedded, are always a suspect in files that run slow.

Never heard of opening a file in X4 or X5 removing the number of curves.

Mike
    IP

Thanks Mike, been through the styles and deleted through dockers... we have been working the X5 trick for years... but now all X5 is gone to heaven on our systems and it don't work with the newly installed X7. We bought in thousands of designs, about 5% have the issues, and they are all very important to us. I believe it's to do with these damn powerclip curves, just can't remember the finer points on how to correct it. Over a week now, 3 staff on this problem, costing us a fortune.
    IP

I haven't had issues bringing forward power clipped items from previous versions myself (knock on wood).

I have a few versions installed. They all play well with each other, so I don't know what's wrong on that front.

You might want to try some searches on the CorelDraw forums. I have seen a few threads about this, participated on at least one of them.

I don't recall if the last thread was ever resolved for the lady or not (her name is Judy should that help finding the thread). It involved spot colors. Her file was incredibly slow to redraw. I rebuilt the file and it was zippy on my system, and hers if I recall. But I don't know if she was actually able to rebuild it in the same manner and get it to run quickly.

Mike
    IP

It took a bit, but I found the thread in question, and how I actually resolved it. The "other" application I opened the CMX in and exported back out of was Xara Designer Pro.

http://community.coreldraw.com/talk/...46771#pi1484=3

You can read the whole thread, but it really begins here on page 3 (and I'm MikeWe there).

Mike
    IP

Thanks Mike for taking the time. We've been all over forums in the last week, I have had 3 staff on this the whole time... it's killing our business, can't find a way out. Corel won't answer any emails....
    IP

Can you upload a poor-performing file here or on dropbox.com and provide a link so I could take a look at it? If needed, as you cannot yet do PMs, we could arrange an email exchange of the link so it remains private if required.

Mike
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by mwenz View Post
    Can you upload a poor-performing file here or on dropbox.com and provide a link so I could take a look at it? If needed, as you cannot yet do PMs, we could arrange an email exchange of the link so it remains private if required.

Mike
    Thanks Mike.... this has been my total Christmas for 2014, trying to work out the CorelDraw problem... after following these directions and suggestions, no luck. I have studied the issues as experienced by 'Judy'. As per her screenshot, this is the same as we have. We have X4, X5 and X7 installed in various positions around the company, and this issue has effected a number of designs. We cannot recover them to workable speed. At this point, I will be putting staff off in the new year unless we can get this resolved. We have installed patches 1 - 2 & 3 as recommended.
    I will see what i can do with dropbox and dump a file in there, I'm not great myself with this..!
    Mark
    IP

Mike, this is one of them.... https://www.dropbox.com/s/mqqw8tw0sl...asaki.cdr?dl=0
    Really appreciate any suggestions. I'm no graphic designer, I'm the owner of the company, I have to work to get this resolved while the team are on the Christmas break. I have been working lightly in CDR for years, so know a little.... having issues understanding the details with Pantone colors and how to identify issues which may be involved with this. (as seems to have been suggested throughout the thread with Judy.)
    Thanks mate!
    IP

Hi Scrubdesigngz,

I think your problem is similar to what mine was in terms of the slowness - I put it down to some Malware or Virus - searched the net high and low. Already use Malware premium and Avast. No improvement. Than I came across a rather expensive tool RegHunter, I decided to buy this and ran it. After I had continuously used the previous ones mentioned - this software came up with a genuine 996 rectifiable issues - ran for about 5 hours before it had completed its scan. I elected to remove errors as per the software - the improvement in my computers performance was remarkably noticeable.
    Hope this helps.
    I am a newcomer to Photo Paint Pro x7 and have a few questions in this regard... is this the right forum to ask for assistance?
    IP