Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

...comments welcome though.

Jpg compression messed 'em up a little. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	the-initiation_1.jpg 
Views:	294 
Size:	48.1 KB 
ID:	16230  

...comments welcome though.

Jpg compression messed 'em up a little. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]

...yep.

Name:	the-initiation_2.jpg 
Views:	268 
Size:	60.0 KB 
ID:	17027  

...yep.

Name:	the-initiation_3.jpg 
Views:	268 
Size:	43.9 KB 
ID:	3371  

Very interesting pic. The only thing I can suggest is that the glowing things floating around are to uniform in shape(rotation). The halos should be rotated to give the image a little more dynamic movement. (listen to me carrying on like I know what I am talking about)

Did you model the human (creature) or is it a poser figure? What is the story behind the creature? I am very curious about it.

--Randy

...that's a valid obsevation Randy, thanks.

Story...hmm...

The images depict a brief moment at the start of a 'healing session'.

Oh! The wife just came in... we're going to a movie now. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]

I'll be back in a couple hours to further explain the images, and provide some details & history for them.

Later...

...i wasn't planning on creating a typographical history for this image... but, here's what i've discovered. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

----------------------------------------
    The images depict a brief moment at the start of a ritual.

The creature's name, is Qetos (short 'e', long 'o').

He has stolen a 'healing orb' called Sectus, from the great temple; otherwise known as "The Orb of Sectus" - sectu are what the lights coming out of the orb are called. They are living entities. 'Sectus', is plural.

'The Orb of Sectus' is used to embellish the parts of a sick or crippled body, or other organisim, that are still healthy. And to dramatically increase one's ability to manipulate the world around them, using their mind; i.e. it strengthens one's will power, to help them heal themselves.

Normally, the orb is used only in short spurts, to prevent any 'abnormal' effects happening. To use the orb, you simply remove it from it's container, and stand in front of it for a period of time. The Sectus release themselves from the safety of their orb, and surround the body, passing on the energies they posess to the individual, or organisim in their presence.
    The Sectus though can only function as a unit. Each separate entity cannot effect any beneficial results are their own. They aren't strong enough by themselves.

Qetos is an outcast.
    Outcast by his community, for causing trouble and strife among his people, and not wanting to be a productive member of his village.
    A while after being cast out, he become spiteful and bitter. One night, he burned and destroyed most of his village in anger and revenge. Several of the villagers died or were crippled as a result of his actions. Soon afterward, he was caught and tried for the crimes.
    His punishment, was that his lower body be removed; thus preventing him from being of any further threat; for the present as well as the future. But to allow him to continue living and, should he so decide, try to be a positive member of the community, he was given the carriage as a means of still being able to move around. Albeit, it was barbaric and unusual punishment, it was the method that served the purpose at hand, for a people who are barely civilized.

Qetos, after suffering in his present state for some time, saw a chance to improve his situation and condition. One day, he found out about the healing orbs used by the high preist's personal doctor. And through devious means, obtained the one that would benefit him and his physical state. But he does not know how to use the orbs correctly. Nor does he know anything about the full extent of their potential. All he does know is how to initiate the healing procedure.

And, this is where the images leave off... Qetos in an old abandoned structure, yelling to the heavens of the revenge he will seek, once he is healed. And so, the process begins...

Great story Mark! Is this part of a game, novel or something you are personally developing?

Thanks for sharing!

--Randy

Very cool Mark......great plotline too [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Just curious is Qetos derived from anyone you know?,or is it composites or just creative imagination [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Cheers.

Stu.

Just another thought ...If you copy the Sectus and rotate 90 degrees then they will have balance and wont look as if they are falling down due to the structure of them.

Stu.