Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Delete variant page(s)....but not from main site.

Hello, I would like to delete a few variant pages but not the same page that is on the main site. I selected "not sharing" option figuring this may allow this but it seems that if i delete from the variant, it deletes from the main site. Any way to do this? Thanks.

Default Re: Delete variant page(s)....but not from main site.

Not as far as I know. However what is possible is to delete the menu button linking to that page on the mobile variant. Does that help?
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Hi and thank you for the response but unfortunately no. If someone is viewing the full site, say on a kindle device, then turns the device vertical (to the variant size) it shows the page they were on even if that page was deleted from the menubar on the variant site. It shows up a garbled mess. It's fine for pages that are on both variant and main sites.

I have several pages that are "involved" that I don't want on the variant site. Would love if Xara could address this or if someone has a workaround. Cheers!

Yes, I can see that's a broblem & I can't see any clean way around it. The only thing I can suggest & it's far from ideal is to remove all content within the unused variant page which on turning vertical just offers a blank page, then add a button back to the main mobile menu.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

I like to bring this problem to the attention of Dear Xara. Please place this to that section. It is very important and I have had the same issue.

For all the good it will do (but we can hope) I will move this thread to Dear Xara which is for reporting bugs and requesting features.

In the Head code for the Variant page, you can add <meta http-equiv="refresh" content="0; URL=site-page.htm"> and it jumps to another page on your site.
    This has a problem if you use Next Prev and the jump is to a Next page as if the viewer is working backwards using Prev links, they will get stuck in a loop.

I have used code to determine the calling page to work out the direction the jump should take but never used it in anger.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Thank you for bringing this to the attention of Xara. This should be on their first to do list in my opinion.