Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Web Designer 10 Pre. latest update - export website error - failed to setup bitmap

Any clues for this error: "Failed to setup bitmap for rendering. Bitmap may be too large." Would love to know which bitmap - perhaps I could fix this issue? If you want the xar it's 1.73 MB. The document info says it has 45 bitmaps and is 46MB in size. This is the Lycan theme with all images optimized at 92dpi. Any help appreciated. Running 64-bit on Win 7 with 4 gig ram.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Default Re: Web Designer 10 Pre. latest update - export website error - failed to setup bitma

There's something wrong on The Team page but I'm not sure what exactly. However if you delete this page the site exports correctly. I can't find what it is on that page that's making Xara baulk at creating a large bitmap, but that page is the culprit. I'd just delete & rebuild a new The Team page. Might be worth sending a link to this thread to Xara support so they can have a look.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Default Re: Web Designer 10 Pre. latest update - export website error - failed to setup bitma

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    There's something wrong on The Team page but I'm not sure what exactly. However if you delete this page the site exports correctly. I can't find what it is on that page that's making Xara baulk at creating a large bitmap, but that page is the culprit. I'd just delete & rebuild a new The Team page. Might be worth sending a link to this thread to Xara support so they can have a look.
    Thanks Egg! Glad that won't take me all day to correct. Have a Great day and I put in a ticket with a debug log - interested to see their reply...

Lyle

In case anyone may be interested - here is what support found:

This error is caused by the rectangle you have on your Mobile variant of the "The Team" page (see attached) that is positioned at 1,437,497px Y (which if your interested, is over 1,200 feet above your screen). Simply delete this rectangle and it will export correctly.

Kind Regards
    Customer Support

That's made supports Christmas
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Must of been Santa travelling at that height

I am experiencing the same issue (running XD 11 one Windows 10). A pre-existing page that's been working fine is showing a Page height of 247354px (from Page Options) and generating the error reported in this thread. When I go to the bottom of the page all I see is the Footer objects that are repeated on all pages, so that appears normal to me.

I tried to alter the page height down to something reasonable by dragging the page boundary at the bottom up, as well as typing in a new value in Page Options, but both fail and the same "Failed to setup bitmap..." error occurs.

I'm hoping not to have to recreate the page if possible. How can I find out what object might be causing this page to be this "tall"?

Thanks.

o--- Update/solution ---------------------------

So based on some of the hints I gathered from this post I starting looking at objects in the Page and Layer Gallery. As I clicked on some of them on the list I found two that had X coordinates that were huge negative numbers. I don't know how they got there but after deleting them I can now access the page without issue. Posting this in case it helps others.

Thanks.

Alex E. Luyando J.C.N. Associates, L.L.C. Microsoft Visual FoxPro, Visual Studio .NET and SQL Server database application design, development and project management

My gut feel is Xara's checking of degenerate conditions it not so hot.

It usually happens for me when an objects is dragged through a zero width or zero point, i.e., flipping on the fly.
    Try shrinking a circle through itself.

I have had occasions when a random artefact is created; it is therefore possible that a negative large position is so created.

Another one is with Blends; I sometimes can get -5 steps.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat