Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

xdp6 Couple of "How to" queries

Hi Everyone

1. I was wondering if it is possible to align objects to a curve in Xara similar to Fit Text to Curve? and
    2. Is it possible to snap the edge of one object with that of another object.

Thanks for your help and guidance in advance.

Default Re: Couple of "How to" queries

Beginning with your last question; yes it is possible to snap to object. You can do that pressing the multiply button on the numpad or menu "Window->Snap to Objects"". Xara is clever enough to snap to the outer edges or midpoints of an object. That leaves something to wish for considering circles or free forms.
    Aligning opbjects to a curve might be achieved by some creative thinking. First: draw or select the object you wish to arrange on a line. Then choose the pen and hit the "create brush" button on the properties bar whilst keeping the desired objects selected. After that draw or select the line and choose the fresh created brush. By tweaking (editing) the brush properties you can place, scale or rotate the object to your hearts content.

Default Re: Couple of "How to" queries

Welcome to TG.
    To answer your first question, the answer is yes you can do it in a couple of ways. I created a couple tutorials for you but because of size limitations I am enclosing the xar files.
    Hope these help.

Blend method.xar Brush method.xar
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Thumbs up Re: Couple of "How to" queries

Thanks a bunch Michael and wizard 509. Your replies are very useful :-)