Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Default Re: The 2014 tree-trimming collective effort!

I agree with NO Gary, the tree looks great as it is with all the contributions made by members. What would be interesting is to see how members decorated the tree at home for themselves.

Stygg

Now that's an idea, stygg.

We've photographed ours before so I'll put a thread up in a week for "before" and "after everyone's torn open their presents".

And when I get time, I'd like to post a large version of the tree with a signature crediting the group, done in fancy text and all that stuff.

I did that last year.

-g

Smile Re: The 2014 tree-trimming collective effort!

Well, due to various circumstances this year I won't have a real xmas tree...this virtual TG tree trimming was it. BUT I can share a tree from a previous year which stood in the corner of our den. The tiger painting on the wall is one I painted on canvas years ago (24" x 36").
    I hope you all enjoy the pic.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	xmastree_fr_maya.jpg 
Views:	176 
Size:	115.9 KB 
ID:	105235  
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do, so throw off the bowlines, sail away from safe harbor, catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore, Dream, Discover."
    -Mark Twain

Glorious, Maya.

We haven't had a "real tree" in years. We have a fairly realistic one that assembles in sections. After decades of dragging a dead tree into the house, and then dragging it out for trash pickup and then enjoying pine needles on the carpet the rest of the year...I really don't mean to sound like a humbug! If you're getting a fresh cut, the Douglas Firs are terrific.

We just are looking back at 40 (50, too), and the lugging done by the two of us became too much. Besides, the roof on our Town & Country was developing a gulley.

-g

The trees we've had were all artificial, Gare, the one pictured was a 7 foot tall pencil-style tree (only the trunk was wooden with bark on it) and all in one piece. Paul is allergic to real trees indoors, so the last "real" xmas tree I was around was one my parents put up when I was about 6 years old.
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do, so throw off the bowlines, sail away from safe harbor, catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore, Dream, Discover."
    -Mark Twain

The grandkids like the group tree best so we've made a cardboard cutout of this one I did with the baubles and trinkets and all the great things they posted and stood it in the corner. Only joking, still not finished our tree yet, they keep chopping and changing where what should go where on the tree. Will post when they finally make up their minds.

Stygg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Christmas tree.jpg 
Views:	189 
Size:	142.6 KB 
ID:	105238  
    Last edited by stygg2003; 16 December 2014 at 07:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Crow Haven View Post
    I can share a tree from a previous year which stood in the corner of our den. The tiger painting on the wall is one I painted on canvas years ago (24" x 36").
    I hope you all enjoy the pic.
    That pic as composition is some amazing one Maya with great warm atmosphere, also congratulations for the painting

Quote Originally Posted by stygg2003 View Post
    The grandkids like the group tree best so we've made a cardboard cutout of this one I did with the baubles and trinkets and all the great things they posted and stood it in the corner. Only joking, still not finished our tree yet, they keep chopping and changing where what should go where on the tree. Will post when they finally make up their minds.

Stygg

That's a well-balanced and beautiful arrangement, Stygg! Oh, and I thought something was missing from the other tree -- Rudolf the Reindeer! That's really cute standing on the present. The new ornaments look perfect and I like the resizing of various ones.

Quote Originally Posted by csehz View Post
    That pic as composition is some amazing one Maya with great warm atmosphere, also congratulations for the painting
    I'm glad you enjoyed the Christmas tree picture, csehz, many thanks!
    -Mark Twain

fortree.xarName:  fortree2.png
Views: 180
Size:  20.5 KBName:  fortree.png
Views: 191
Size:  12.6 KBHere are couple of very simple ornaments using Igor's method
    Grace
    http://gracehjs.com/
    Xara Software XDP11

Thankyou Crow nice Christmas picture you posted ...and Gare(I wouldn't have taken offense to your upside-down notion)

The tree is looking lovely let me know when it's all done, I have been chatting on Facebook on my site VS Design Tech about Talkgraphics forum and talented members and the uses of Xara. I want to repost it on there for 'guess which one I made'...lol