Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Default Re: The 2014 tree-trimming collective effort!

I think I may have uploaded wrong somehow of my previous pics? Not sure why it hasn't shown a place holder or png reference. I also wasn't sure how to repost, should I have gone back to my previous post and edited with the new file>?

Anyway...I decided that Konkynut koala needed a Christmassy hat which I forgot to add, to put on your tree project, if you allow Aussies on the tree?

The ornaments you all posted are beautiful.

Name:  VSAussieChristmasKoala2.png
Views: 257
Size:  5.7 KB

Quote Originally Posted by stygg2003 View Post
    1 present containing XPro 11 DVD Not to be openened before Boxing Day.

@ Maya - hope you don't mind me using your bow Maya, never been good at making these things but thanks to your xar.file, I do now Much appreciated.

Stygg
    I love it Stygg, I'm glad the bow was useful! The present looks wonderful!

@ Frances -- Love that gold and crystal snowflake, it would also make a spectacular tree topper!
    @ Christine -- Nice tinsel trimming!
    @ Veeness -- A super-cute koala! Merry Christmas & Happy Summer down there!
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do, so throw off the bowlines, sail away from safe harbor, catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore, Dream, Discover."
    -Mark Twain

You'll all good, folks. My contribuition will be a minor one, becaseu there are so many beautiful pieces here that I might not have space to add one of my own!

Besides, I did the tree, right?

Be back soon with the updated tree.

Veeness, I was going to post an upside-down gingerbread man in honor of "Down Under". But thought better of it.

-g

Thanks for doing this, Gary - a lot of work for you. The tree looks great, wonderful decorations. Here's yet another star which anyone can use.....
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Attached Files Attached Files

Whew!

And I mean "whew!"

You folks are keeping me hopping with all these beautiful gifts, decorations, and background elements!

I had to trim the backgrounds from a few of the pieces I hope I did them well for you. Here's where we are on the 14th. I think Frances' star is the best entry to top the tree, do we all? The detail, the glory, the majesty...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	12-14-2014.jpg 
Views:	194 
Size:	66.2 KB 
ID:	105209

I'm almost never serious on this forum (because I don't think one is supposed to be), but let me tell you in all sincerity that my heart just swells at all the beautiful work and time we members of TalkGraphics have invested in a collaborative piece. I think it bonds us and brings us together, even if only for the holidays in a way that is the very best of any forum I've ever been on.

All of you take a bow.

My Best,

Gary
    Last edited by Gare; 14 December 2014 at 08:09 PM.

It looks beautiful!!!
    I don't know if this will fit in as a background addition -- I thought the dove could be flying towards the tree -- I tried it on the original tree/sky pic and it worked. It can be made smaller or flipped facing the other way.

Peace to All...
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Attached Files Attached Files
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do, so throw off the bowlines, sail away from safe harbor, catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore, Dream, Discover."
    -Mark Twain

It will, Maya, and I'll do it tomorrow.

You have no idea how this file is beginning to slog my machine down doing the editing! I myself am surprised: I've got Sandy Bridge architecture (8 processors), 16GB RAM, but because Xara bypasses some of Windows' graphics engine, it's just having a hard time maintaining the fidelity of vector art+bitmap art. I might turn the whole thing into a bitmap with alpha and do additions from there.

But yes, dove goes in our collaboration.

My Best,

Gary

Here we go on the 15th!

Name:	12-15-2014.jpg 
Views:	175 
Size:	134.5 KB 
ID:	105228

Rik, I'd not originally planned to add an ornament, but at the last minute an unarmed Nutcracker seemed novel (he's holding a tulip instead of a sword).

Name:	peaceful-soldier.jpg 
Views:	172 
Size:	40.3 KB 
ID:	105229

My Best,

Gary

This has been lots of fun! If the tree gets short of room for ornaments please take off some of mine, Gare, to make room for other's contributions.
    -Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Crow Haven View Post
    This has been lots of fun! If the tree gets short of room for ornaments please take off some of mine, Gare, to make room for other's contributions.
    NO!

I'll either scale everything down by 2 or 3%... or add another tree!

It's vector art, remember? It scales!

Besides, I think we're just about done with this wonderful testament to the Holidays and our art and partnerships. Let's get back to our analog lives now! I haven't sent out any cards yet, and our ornaments are still in the basement.

We did hire chimney sweeps this Autumn, though:

Name:	Chimney-cleaners.jpg 
Views:	177 
Size:	38.1 KB 
ID:	105231

Name:  smirk.jpg
Views: 220
Size:  4.6 KB

-g