Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Default Re: The 2014 tree-trimming collective effort!

Hi,
    Here is a Santa SlieghImage
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SantaReindeer Sliegh.jpg 
Views:	231 
Size:	52.5 KB 
ID:	105156
    JIm
    Intel i7-2600 processor 3.4GH, Windows 10 64Bit, 12GB Memory, Geforce 960 2Gb graphics card

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

I for one am glad to have my .xar shared in a finished file.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Smile Re: The 2014 tree-trimming collective effort!

This cat may look a bit familiar, Gare...yes, inspired by your cat, Smudge! I thought maybe you could use it for a bit of decoration near the tree on the background if you'd like. Resize any way you prefer, the ribbon is a separate group so it breaks apart, you can add other bows or decorations to it.
    Yes, it's fine to have my .xar files shared too in this group project.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	xmascat_mayas4gare.png 
Views:	202 
Size:	90.9 KB 
ID:	105163  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Crow Haven; 12 December 2014 at 08:17 PM. Reason: updating
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do, so throw off the bowlines, sail away from safe harbor, catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore, Dream, Discover."
    -Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Scotty View Post
    Hi,
    Here is a Santa SlieghImage

Name:	SantaReindeer Sliegh.jpg 
Views:	231 
Size:	52.5 KB 
ID:	105156
    JIm
    Hi Scotty and Thanks for the contribution. Unfortunately, I can't add it to our card because it isn't a PNG with transparency or a XAR file. Can you provide one? I don't have the time to manually separate the white background from your foreground.

Thanks!

Gary

Smile Re: The 2014 tree-trimming collective effort!

Here's a teddy bear -- small for on the tree or there's a larger one with different texture fabric for under the tree...

Name:	xmasteddy_mayas.png 
Views:	169 
Size:	61.2 KB 
ID:	105165  
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do, so throw off the bowlines, sail away from safe harbor, catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore, Dream, Discover."
    -Mark Twain

Fun thread! Here's my contribution. I was amazed that you can still buy Christmas Tree clip-on candle holders!

Yes, it's fine to have my .xar files shared too in this group project.

The gold colours courtesy of Eric's palette HERE

Name:	2014-tree-bauble.png 
Views:	171 
Size:	45.4 KB 
ID:	105167  
    Last edited by Egg Bramhill; 12 December 2014 at 11:46 PM.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Hi, I uploaded the wrong Sanat Sliegh one Gare...here is the png one

Name:	SantaSleigh.png 
Views:	183 
Size:	131.2 KB 
ID:	105169
    See if this works.Sorry old age...
    Intel i7-2600 processor 3.4GH, Windows 10 64Bit, 12GB Memory, Geforce 960 2Gb graphics card

I will get back to adding the ornaments tomorrow, promise. Maya and everone else were too generous!

Here's what we look like now:

Name:	Dec 12 2 2014.jpg 
Views:	415 
Size:	213.5 KB 
ID:	105170

I didn't want to put the teddy bear and the cat-in-the-box on the tree, so I thought they'd make nice presents under the tree.

By the way: Smudge is our long-hair calico cat, who likes to eat plastic and tries to fit in boxes half her size. I sent the photo to Maya as a goof, but darn if she didn't illustrate (in Xara) the essence of our little pussy cat:

Name:	Smudge-and-Maya's-art.jpg 
Views:	391 
Size:	27.7 KB 
ID:	105171

Can I get a guest tutorial out of your next year, Maya?

Just incredible spirit and beautiful illustrations, all of you! My goal is to get our finished tree into the Outsider in January. How hard can that be? I have Nova's email!

A wonder, truly a wonder to behold...all of us working toward a common goal.

Thrilled,

Gary

Egg? I have a present for you. A new avatar:

Name:	Egg-Bramhill.jpg 
Views:	393 
Size:	10.5 KB 
ID:	105172

Meant to be "light", not offensive in the least. I know 3D stuff can be a little hyper-real, and thus hyper-ugly, but this just came to me, and I asked around before daring to post it. Members thought you might like it.

-g

Gary,

I love that and thanks for the image. No offense in any way. No need to ask around either, I don't usually take offensive other than time wasters and trolls

However please don't be offended if I don't use it. I've used the same avatar on TG, plus other forums for quite a few years. I find that I can filter forums via avatars much quicker if the user retains the same image. Change it & I take a while re-associating it to an individual. For example Scotty, in the post above yours, has had that same avatar for a very long time. I can instantly recognise it's a post by him because it remains constant. Bill used to change his avatar but over the past few years settled on the Batman logo, and whilst he did variations you instantly knew it was a post by Bill.

It's a matter of choice. In a similar manner Cloud has recently requested his username was changed, and for the life of me I can't remember his old one now, but I have noticed on reading old threads the content refers to his old username which now has no relevance to his new username, which for a visitor could be quite confusing. No offence intended Cloud.

Perhaps as my post has nowt to do with the original thread you may wish to split it?

Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

I'm not moving the post, Egg. As long as you like it and accept it in the spirit in which it was intended, it's all good...it's a gift, man. Souls do this sort of stuff around this time of year. And that comes round robin to our tree decoration—in what spirit are we decorating it?

No problem with not using it as an avatar; never presumed you'd change just because I laid some egg art on you!

It just sort of happened in my imagination, and then I realized you might make more relevant and creative use of it than I.

Love the animation. When it hatches, you're gonna have scrambled egg.

I am

You are

He is

She is

-Gary