Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Threaded View

Exclamation The 2014 tree-trimming collective effort!

Yup: it's that time of the year when Gary tries to render a complex pine tree without bringing my system to its knees, only to ask for group participation decorating the tree. Here's the way it goes:

• Design a Seasonal ornament in Xara or (slightly less recommended) any program you're comfortable with.

• Try to make the final posted bitmap or XAR drawing no larger than 175 pixels wide or square or else I'll have to resize it to accommodate other contributions.

• I will be responsible for hanging the ornaments. Every day that a new one is posted, I'll put it on our tree and post the cumulative results withi 24 hours.

• Please submit a XARA file (convert the text to curves, please) or a TIFF or a PNG WITH TRANSPARENCY.

My first contribution is up. To create the simple gold orb, I went back to January's tutorial this year and did a little viewing and taking notes:

Plastic or Chrome-What's the diff'?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	color-tagging-a-drawn-plastic-sphere.jpg 
Views:	296 
Size:	33.3 KB 
ID:	105121

Let's make this the most glorious virtual tree ever, members! Let's have at it with a rousing Ho-ho-ho, ad the eggnog of your preferred alcoholic content.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2014.jpg 
Views:	300 
Size:	89.5 KB 
ID:	105124

File download is below.

My Best,

Gary
    Attached Files Attached Files