Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default How do I make the center of a graphic transparent?

I have been searching and working with X10 but I have been unable to find out how to make the center of a graphic transparent or fade to transparent in the center. I can easily make one transparent around the edges but doing the opposite is not easy to figure out in X10.

Bruce

Default Re: How do I make the center of a graphic transparent?

Use the Transparency tool and choose 'Circular'. The select the arrow end and from the info bar drag the slider to the 'Off' position. Then click the other end (centre) and on the info bar drag the slider fully to the right. Next, double click the line near the centre to add a new node, then drag than node along the line until you arrive at the effect you want.

If you just want a hole, subtract a shape over the graphic (with both selected press Ctlr+2)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2014-12-11_125204.jpg 
Views:	206 
Size:	17.7 KB 
ID:	105118  

I suggested to you the same thing as Steve.ledger on the last thread you asked this question. As you say, the default circular transparency has the transparency on the edge rather than the center - select the center handle and change that to 100% transparent, then select the arrow handle end and change that to 0% transparency. I do this all the time.

Ok apologies. I thought I had subscribed to this thread. On 2nd look, I don't see a subscription option.
    I had also started a new thread because I hadn't seen any replies on that thread, which is odd because the replies posted there now are and are dated the same day as my original post.

The solution above works but I continued it in the original thread as I am having a bit of difficulty changing it to a color fade.