Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Smart TV Browser problem

Has anyone else found that the built-in Opera browser of some smart TVs borks the text of their website? My boss came in complaining that his shiny new smart TV makes the our website text over run the background. I've managed to reproduce this using Opera TV Emulator in Oracle VM Box (Useful Tools) and if so, have they found a solution other than building a smart TV compatible site and re-directing from home page? (VERY complicated) I've added 2 screenies to show what I mean:-

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	screeny1.jpg 
Views:	150 
Size:	75.8 KB 
ID:	105079

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screeny2.jpg 
Views:	146 
Size:	62.2 KB 
ID:	105080

Default Re: Smart TV Browser problem

Ouch!

I guess that either the Smart TV Opera browser is not behaving consistently with it's computer-based or mobile counterpart, or Xara is using some super-sauce HTML code that doesn't recognise the Smart TV browser correctly.

It's not great, but in terms of users actually using that browser, it's going to be very low.

Select your text block and give it the Name "HTMLBlockText".
    This changes the multi[ple span tags to a single div tag that will probably give you better wrapping.
    More detail at #5 of http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthre...anced-features.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Thanks for quick reply Acorn. I was half way through changing the font to Google's Open Sans which behaves in TV Opera so continued doing that. I'll file your reply away for future reference.