Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default NEED HELP WITH INTEGRATING DATA TABLES

There is a page that I want to create a list of an organization members and their details. I understand that datatables offer such service pretty well but I dont know exactly the code to copy from datatales. I need the correct codes that works for child rows.

also the sample code someone sent that worked (not child rows) only works in xara but don't work when exported. please I need guide on this.

Default Re: NEED HELP WITH INTEGRATING DATA TABLES

Quote Originally Posted by fabiyke View Post
    There is a page that I want to create a list of an organization members and their details. I understand that datatables offer such service pretty well but I dont know exactly the code to copy from datatales. I need the correct codes that works for child rows.
    also the sample code someone sent that worked (not child rows) only works in xara but don't work when exported. please I need guide on this.
    I understand you have a problem but throwing a needle into ahaystack doesn't help much.

Can I assume you are trying to use the DataTables plug-in? (https://www.datatables.net/)
    If so, I have a Xara demo in https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...403#post518403.

Again, I don't understand your reference to "child row", the children of a single organisation or of a department in that department or what?

"only works in xara" means what? You are producing a web page or a document, HTML or PDF export or just the data extract?

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Thank you for your reply sir. I added below the type of table I needed sir. also I mean the datatables works fine when previewed from Xara Web Designer but if I export the website and upload to my host.... it doesn't work. do i need to export my website other than html?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot (99).jpg 
Views:	103 
Size:	57.2 KB 
ID:	117544

Thank you for your reply sir. I added below the type of table I needed sir. also I mean the datatables works fine when previewed from Xara Web Designer but if I export the website and upload to my host.... it doesn't work. do i need to export my website other than html?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot (99).jpg 
Views:	103 
Size:	57.2 KB 
ID:	117544
    Create a local folder.
    Export your website to that folder.
    Look at the contents in the folder.
    All of these files and sub-folders must be published.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

am getting it. maybe xara wouldn't do what I want .

am getting it. maybe xara wouldn't do what I want .
    If you haven't followed the links I provided and you can't explain what you want and what is not happening, I guess we're stuck.

Acorn

Sir I read through the links.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image 1.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	65.9 KB 
ID:	117627Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image 2.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	39.3 KB 
ID:	117628
    Image 1 is how the demo appears after its exported , while image 2 is the preview from xara web designer premium.

it lost the search box that actually does the sorting.

what could be wrong sir?

Info Re: NEED HELP WITH INTEGRATING DATA TABLES

Sir I read through the links.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image 1.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	65.9 KB 
ID:	117627Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image 2.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	39.3 KB 
ID:	117628
    Image 1 is how the demo appears after its exported , while image 2 is the preview from xara web designer premium.
    it lost the search box that actually does the sorting.
    what could be wrong sir?
    DataTables has simplified their Installation.
    Replace the code in the Page HTML code(head) with:

Code:
    <style>
    <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="//cdn.datatables.net/1.10.15/css/jquery.dataTables.css">
    </style>

<script type="text/javascript" charset="utf8" src="//cdn.datatables.net/1.10.15/js/jquery.dataTables.js"></script>

<script>
    $(document).ready(function() {
        $('#example').dataTable();
    } );
    </script>
    Works a treat,
    Acorn

Fully working solution here: https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...651#post577651.

Acorn