Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

I updated My site (for the third time) What do you think of it.
    IP

Wilmington, NC USA and Daejeon, South Korea

I like this design better than the previous...but again have a suggestion or two...(aren't you sorry you asked?)!

The red text is hard to read....can you switch it to a light cream, blue or gray? Light colors show up better against darker colors

The interface itself is great... but the white background does nothing to set it off amd kind of glares. What about trying to tone it down a bit with a very pale ...just a hint of color...background color? Something like #FAF1DE maybe....or a little darker? Play around with lighter and medium shades of the colors in your interface for a little contrast.

Joelle

The sandcastles of our lives are nothing when compared to the tides of our destinies.
    Joelle

The sandcastles of our lives are nothing when compared to the tides of our destinies.
    IP

Well It would be really hard to change the background color so I am just gonna leave it. On the links was it red to you or orange? cause theyre supposed to be orange.
    IP

Jon, I agree with Sandancr. The interface is great. It's interesting, uncluttered and clean. But the color contrast between lettering and background could be better.

On my monitor the base colors are gray and orange. As an instructor in television production, I always urge my students to go with a high-energy color and a low-energy color for simple graphics (same concepts apply to a computer screen). Your colors are both low energy, creating little contrast between the two.

Web designers often sacrifice readability for the "cool" look. If you have followed the evolution of many commercial sites, you may have noticed that many have abandoned things like black background with yellow lettering because it's harder to read.

Bob
    IP

Jon, if you do your interfaces in layers...save the psp file with all the layers intact. The bottom layer should contain your background only. Then if you need to change anything, you have the psp file and it would be a simple matter to make the change.

I always save the psp files.. and keep them on a zip disk or burn it to a cd...as I learned the hard way a long time ago!

Joelle

Joelle

IP

I am glad you gave your opinion. What colors do you think I should go with for the links?
    IP

Did you change colors, Jon? The orange looks much better on the darker grays than it did yesterday. On the lighter gray areas...in your news section the orange tends to fade out....maybe make that a bit darker orange?

Light on dark....dark on light is a good rule of thumb.

I really do like that interface!

Have fun on your trip!

Joelle

Joelle

IP

I didnt change the orange on dark gray I thought that always looked fine. I'll change the colors on light gray today.
    IP

What do you think of my tutorial section so far? are the tutorials easy to follow and understand? Theyre not meant for people who just opened up PSP theyre fo people who know the basics. Also I'm working on my dads website for his resturant Fuzio ( he didnt make it its a franchise and hes bringing it to St Louis). Have you ever heard of Chevys Mexican resturant he owns that( another franchise he brought to stl) and he owns jbucks its based orund the famous baseball announcers jack buck and joe buck. Well I gotta design the website fo fuzio. It kinda sux cuz i dont get paid and I have to do really good because anyone who gos to the website is gonna know I made it, the owners son. but its cool because itll be the first website I actually get alot of hits to and hopefully I can put my little 88x31 banner up and get more hits to my website and Im just kinda ramblin so by the time you read this my website will look good. I couldnt find an orange to work so I went with a dark gray on the light gray which is easy to read so ill see ya bye.
    IP