Hi, I'm sorry to post here about this, but seeing as how I cannot technically get support from Xara seeing as how I'm not technically operating it in it's target environment, I'm kinda out of options for dedicated support so I look to my fellow internetians.

So basically I have purchased Xara after finding it by accident through Xara XtremeLX and being thuroughly impressed after trudging along with inkscape at home and Illustrator at school. However, I run linux. After I successfully tested out Xara Xtreme5 as the newest version that would run in Linux Mint on my machine, I asked tech support if I bought the newest version would that grant me access to older version. They said yes. Apparently they misunderstood my question and told me this AFTER I bought it and asked them why my password for version 5 wouldn't work. They offered to refund me, but after looking at the Wine site, it seems X9 worked fine, according to the reports with the same problems as version 5 (resize markers and some editing markers do not draw correctly on screen, so you have to kinda hover over the area where they should be and wiat for the mouse icon to change) which isn't that big of a deal. Even dealing with hunting for resize handles, it's still much more friendly than what I was using. And thus leads me to my question...

I don't want to stop using Xara (my xtreme pro 5 trial period ends in 2 weeks) and I don't want to be stuck with the buggy, half ported LX version (it doesn't even load half of my fonts and the UI is incomplete, so you can't redock anything) so I'm begging for help from someone who's got version x10 up and running in wine. I've looked for any success stories or problems that were solved but have seen none. I will say what I have done though:

1.) Originally xtreme 5 had a problem when dealing with photo editing, but wouldn't crash. I fixed this by using wine cmd and using regsvr32 and putting the xpe4.dll in the /windows directory. This fixed the problem.
2.) The problem I get in X10 is XPE4.dll communcation problem. Basically, it's pissed about the dll. I registered IT'S version, but I do not know how to unregister (or uninstall for that matter) Xtreme Pro 5's XPE4.dll.

I think if I can get the old version uninstalled and the old DLL(s) unregistered and start with a fresh install again and properly register it's XPE4.dll, I can get it running...

Please...HALP!