Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Problem with WD10 Nav Menu and Embedded Gallery

Hi

I'm having a problem with embedded galleries and the WD10 nav bar, the menu ends up in behind the gallery and if it is a long menu then it doesn't appear. I have tried moving the menu forward and the gallery back but it doesn't help.

This problem only seems to occur in Internet Explorer though, anyone experienced this or know how to fix. I've included a link below to the a sample page that has the problem. I would really appreciate any assistance asap as I have gone back and looked at another site I have done which is live and has been for a while has the same problem, so I'm going to need to go back and fix it.

To see the fault hover over 'Class Pages' and the menu should have 16 lines linking to other pages, but only 3/4 appear in IE.

http://www.iwasoneofthe45.com/menuissue.htm

(This isn't a live site, I have just uploaded it to let you see the issue.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Darren

Default Re: Problem with WD10 Nav Menu and Embedded Gallery

I see all 16 links in Internet Explorer.

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    I see all 16 links in Internet Explorer.
    Thanks Gary. I'm still not seeing at this end, checked three different machines.

I've added screen capture below.

Darren
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	menucapture.JPG 
Views:	76 
Size:	54.0 KB 
ID:	104991  

Quote Originally Posted by DAZZLER1607 View Post
    Thanks Gary. I'm still not seeing at this end, checked three different machines.

I've added screen capture below.

Darren
    This is the other site that has the same issue, where you see the words GPG Constitution, there are actually another two menu items hidden.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	menu2.JPG 
Views:	88 
Size:	48.2 KB 
ID:	104992  

Hi Darren,

I'm seeing the same as your image in IE 11. It also happens with 'Pupil Groups'
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	snap02.png 
Views:	77 
Size:	119.7 KB 
ID:	104993
    ~Fred

Quote Originally Posted by Fred C View Post
    Hi Darren,

I'm seeing the same as your image in IE 11. It also happens with 'Pupil Groups'
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	snap02.png 
Views:	77 
Size:	119.7 KB 
ID:	104993
    Thanks for letting me know, hopefully I can find a fix.

Anyone any ideas, I'm desperate!

Thanks
    Darren

What happens if you move or delete the slide show? Some times external effects such as this can cause a conflict in the code.

I would delete the slide show and place a photo in the same area then test to see if the drop down menu is covering the photo. If so then then problem is a conflict caused by your slide show.

Maybe Acorn or Sketch can have a look when they swing through. They are a lot better at this technical stuff than I.

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    What happens if you move or delete the slide show? Some times external effects such as this can cause a conflict in the code.

I would delete the slide show and place a photo in the same area then test to see if the drop down menu is covering the photo. If so then then problem is a conflict caused by your slide show.

Maybe Acorn or Sketch can have a look when they swing through. They are a lot better at this technical stuff than I.
    Hi Gary

Thanks, yes the problem is only with the embedded google picassa gallery, it is fine with any other photo/object and it is only in Internet Explorer. I'm supposed to be delivering this new site on Friday, I only added more menu items yesterday to configure the site which is why I'm seeking help so late in the day.

Basically I would like to keep the gallery in the same place and still have functioning menu.

If anyone can offer any assistance I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks
    Darren

Quote Originally Posted by DAZZLER1607 View Post
    Anyone any ideas, I'm desperate!

Thanks
    Darren
    Add this to your code:

<embed type="application/x-shockwave-flash" src="https://picasaweb.google.com/s/c/bin/slideshow.swf" width="288" height="192" flashvars="host=picasaweb.google.com&captions=1&no autoplay=1&hl=en_GB&feat=flashalbum&RGB=0x000000&f eed=https%3A%2F%2Fpicasaweb.google.com%2Fdata%2Ffe ed%2Fapi%2Fuser%2F101496345873319461985%2Falbumid% 2F5877109565394465329%3Falt%3Drss%26kind%3Dphoto%2 6hl%3Den_GB" wmode="transparent" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer"></embed>